LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview OPC client data communication version

Hi Thomas,

Yes, that is the OPC server log files.

I am going to look at the LabView OPC Diagnostic files now and see what I find. I'll follow up on this once I have more insight.

Thank you,
Pablo

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(662 Views)

Hello Pablo,

Thanks for the reply.

Let us know the results from the LabVIEW side.

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(633 Views)

Hi Thomas,

I just got another crash and this is the LabView genereted logfile. Unfortunatelly its weight is 0bytes, so LabView did not record anything during the crash event.

I have got more insight into the problem. After the crash, I close LabView and I can still see in the OPC server that some background part of LabView keeps sending writes request.

Remember writes is the problem here, because LabView send so many that the OPC server memory gets overflown.

Then, I can force the OPC server to restart, and OPC start working fine again.
But, at this point, if I try to use LabView with another VI e.g., is not working fine. It looks like LabView got jammed during the crash. I need to restart the PC in order to make LabView works fine again.

Thank you,
Pablo

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(625 Views)

Hello Pablo,

The LabVIEW Diagnostic Log should always be recording not just during the crash. This should be a non-0 size. Can you please try again to create a log file and upload it?

Can you please try to recreate the behavior with the smallest possible application, such as one tag constantly getting overwritten by a random number generator?

If you change the update rate to be faster, does the crash occur sooner?

Can you close LabVIEW using the Task Manager?

During the crash state, what is your CPU and Memory Usage?

Has this behavior occurred on any other computers?

How is your system set up? Is the OPC Server being run on the same computer as LabVIEW?

Have you tried repairing the LabVIEW installation?

Regards,
Thomas Capuano

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(601 Views)