LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Microcontroller interface

Hi. I have written a simple program for my microcontroller so that when character A is sent, one of the output ports turns high. I am trying to establish a serial communication between microcontroller and labview using "Basic serial Read and Write.vi" and DB9 serial port. I have checked the serial commutation using loop-back test with labview and i am able write and read the characters over serial communication, but still my microcontroller is not responding when i try to write certain string character. Labview is not displaying any error. NI- VISA is working fine. Is there any limitation in using microcontroller? or i have to use specific microcontroller for this purpose? Please help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,712 Views)
still i cant resolve the issue...:/
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,706 Views)

Based on your comments in the other thread, sounds like the LabVIEW side is working fine and it's a problem with your microcontroller. Have you done any testing to demonstrate that the serial port is working properly on the microcontroller side? Try changing the microcontroller code so that it writes a character to the serial port every second, then see if you can read that character in LabVIEW. Could be as simple as having swapped the transmit and receive pins - try using a null-modem cable instead of straight-through, or vice versa.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,704 Views)
He actually hasn't verified anything, according to the other thread. A loopback or LabVIEW to matlab is essentially a waste of time, imo.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,700 Views)
I designed the schematic using proteus and then using virtual port software i was able to write string commands through labview and got positive response in proteus simulation. I am just trying to ask that is it possible what i am trying to do here? controlling microcontroller by just send appropriate commands via labview with correct settings? have anyone done this before?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,694 Views)

Yes, many people have successfully used LabVIEW to communicate over a serial port. It doesn't matter what's on the other end; serial communications are standard.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,693 Views)
thanks nathand. it seems that there is a problem with my hardware. Good day..:)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,691 Views)
Or, of course, a problem with your LabVIEW code, your com settings on the pc end, the type of cable, or the firmware on the micro.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,686 Views)

Make sure baud rate and com port selection is right along with uc firmware which responds properly...

Before you jump to labview make sure it is working on hyper terminal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,588 Views)