LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Language Problem

Hi guys!

I am just wondering if you could help me with my problem that concerns the language we used in Labview. I have a 2015 version of Labview in my computer. The OS of the computer is 64-bit English and the Labview I installed was also in English and 64-bit as well. I have a labmate and he's Taiwanese and the filename of his VI in his own computer is in Chinese. When I copied it, the Chinese characters of the filename was retained in my computer. But when I tried opening it, I can't open it. Like, it can't be opened at all. I tried copying the file again and this time removed all the chinese characters and somehow, it opened but there are still several errors.

Attached below are the two VIs I'm talking about. The one with the Chinese characters is the one I can't open. I copied it and removed the chinese name and that's the other VI. 

Does anyone have the same problem? Or anyone knows how this can be solved? I believe the front panel of his VI was also written in chinese. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much.

Download All
Message 1 of 6
(3,479 Views)

@mae0920 wrote:
The one with the Chinese characters is the one I can't open. I copied it and removed the chinese name and that's the other VI. 

Does anyone have the same problem? Or anyone knows how this can be solved? I believe the front panel of his VI was also written in chinese. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much.

Nice trick! When I open MOVE_0119.vi ‏75 K, there are sevewral sub-vis (*.vi) and type definitions (*.ctl) missing!
2016-06-29_missing-sub-vi.PNG
2016-06-29_missing-type-definition_CTL.PNG
Ask your collegue for those does missing files! Click on the broken Run-Arrow to retrieve a list of all missing files
2016-06-29_error-list.PNG
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,454 Views)
An additional issue is that Chinese is Unicode and LabVIEW doesn't support Unicode even though the OS does.

For now a solution might be to settle on English (or some other language that can be expressed in ASCII) for the names of VIs.

Mike..

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,451 Views)

alexderjuengere,

Some of the missing VIs and other files were in my computer too, but it couldn't be read. I'm not sure if it's because of the chinese filename because almost all the filenames from my labmate have chinese characters. 😞

mikeporter,

I will try renaming all the VIs into english and see if I can open them properly. 

Guys, thank you so much! I'll update you on what will happen. Thanks a ton!

Mae

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,385 Views)

I would rename all files with chineses characters.

But most of the sub-vis and controls have english-only names.

The Main-vi (MOVE_0119.vi) needs to know the proper path of the sub-vis on your computer!

e.g. the first control is'nt found because, the main-vi is trying to look it  up under

..\??\labview\??????MDRF_Labview _code\???????\MDRF_test (Huang)\ZaberTSeries\Public\Utility\Resporise. ctl

you can replace every single .vi and .ctl by right-click>replace>all palettes>choose vi and then navigating to the file's location according to the proper path on your pc

2016-06-30_replace_manually.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,370 Views)
The best way to do this renaming is, if possible, to do it from within a project. Then LabVIEW will update all the links for you.

Mike.

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,352 Views)