LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Installer add .Net .dll files

I build a LabView 7.1 installer for an application named "35pcscope". I add a few .Net .dll files in this installer. All those .dll files are installed in
"Install Directory". After run this installer to install this application at "C:\Program Files\35pcscope" folder.  I run this "35pcscope" program
by click on Start Menu\Program\35pcscope\35pcscope.exe,  an error message pop up " some dll files could not find".
But if I click on C:\Program Files\35pcscope\35pcscope.exe, the program runs fine with any error message. I try Both Window 2000/sp3
and Window Xp/sp2, and they have same result.

How could I solve this problem.

Thank you for your help.

pana

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,710 Views)
Sounds like your working directory is not set correctly. Look at your shortcut in the start menu and see if the "Start In" value is set to C:\Program Files\35pcscope.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,706 Views)
Hi, Brian

Thank you very much for your reply.
You are right that  "Start In" value  of  is not set to C:\Program Files\35pcscope, but empty string.
When I manually changed its value to "C:\Program Files\35pcscope", the shortcut will work fine.
But I need to know how to set the shortcut "Start In" value  correctly in the Labview Installer, since
I need to distribute it to customers, and it is not acceptable to ask customer to change the shortcut
"Start In" value manually.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

pana
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,698 Views)

One way i can think of fixing this parameter of shortcut is writing a VBScript and batch file. The batch file will be scheduled to run after the installation (through "Run Executable after installation") launching the VBScript to fix the shortcut's WorkingDirectory parameter.

Abdullah R
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,685 Views)
Hi, Abdullah,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Do you have an example code to set shortcut's WorkingDirectory parameter in a VBScript or batch file?

Thanks,

Pana
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,679 Views)