LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview FPGA called another software component

Hi

I am trying to compile my FPGA code which has previously compiled. I get this error. 

"Labview FPGA called another software component, and that component returned the following error:

Error Code: -52009

NI Platform Services: The requested resource has been marked for deletion and is rejecting new requests."

What is this error code?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,413 Views)

Anyone have any ideas on this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,365 Views)

Hi, 

I've been looking in to this for you today - unfortunately, that seems to be a really rare error code which doesn't come up very often on our systems, so there's no quick fix that I can find.  

A couple of options: 

1) Have you made any changes to the code recently, in terms of updating it from an earlier version of LabVIEW? If so, it may be worth mass compiling your project up to the latest version in case there are references to software components which no longer exist.

2) It's probably worth a try repairing your LabVIEW, FPGA and RIO drivers installations from disk, as described here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FE6B641E86E55AF2862576DE00038001?OpenDocument

This could be due to some kind of missing or corrupted component in, for example, the Xilinx Tools

3) Are you referencing any kind of external software, such as DLLs or third party instruments, in your file?

4) What hardware are you using?

Please let me know how you get on with these queries.

Best wishes, 

Chiara A
Applications Engineer with NI UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,354 Views)

Hi

The code is unchanged. 

I am also getting errors in Measurement and Automation explorer .

VISA error 0xBFFF0000 (VI_ERROR_SYSTEM_ERROR)

I have tried uninstall and reinstalling VISA but no change in the Error. 

I have repaired all my installations. 

My hardware I have is USB-6211

PCI-7830R

PCIe-7851

These don't appear with options in Measrement and automation explorer just that they are present

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,344 Views)

Hi Zepp, 

Are you using Windows XP Embedded by any chance?  Or some kind of custom operating system?

I've found a couple of references in the past of that VISA error being due to missing components in the OS itself.  Since the original error is usually related to 'things being marked for deletion' (as in the other thread you commented on about this) I'm wondering if there's something missing on the OS side which makes LabVIEW think VISA isn't there.

Best wishes, 

Chiara A
Applications Engineer with NI UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,314 Views)

Hi

I am using standard Windows 7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,309 Views)

Can you give more details about the Target and the software.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,292 Views)