LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview FPGA - Problems with compiling - Error -61496

Hello,

I am currently working on a LabVIEW project to include our in-house IP Core into a LabVIEW shell for further testing and data logging. So far, I've just created a LabVIEW FPGA project which has a Component-Level IP (that includes our complete IP Core) and an FPGA.vi that is routing the signals from the IP to indicators and controls.

When I try to compile the FPGA.vi, I get multiple

"Error -61496 occurred at

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW FPGA:  An internal software error in the LabVIEW FPGA Module has occurred.  Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with following information:

An unexpected case was reached.

Case Selector Value:"

If you have any idea what this error is all about or how I could deal with that, please let me know! I couldn't find any info about this so far...

best regards,

Marc

Message 1 of 8
(2,659 Views)

Hi Lanigra,

did you follow that error's advice to contact NI? What did they say?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,658 Views)

Dear Lanigra,

which Version of LabVIEW FPGA and Xilinx Compiler Version are you working wiht?

Kind Regards,

Oleg Scherling, M.Eng | Applications Engineering | National Instruments | NIG |

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,627 Views)

Dear repliers,

I have not no feedback from NI support so far...

My LabVIEW FPGA version is 2012 SP 1, the compile workes tells me "Xilinx 13.4 (64-bit)", altough I have ISE 14.4 installed on my system. It seems LabVIEW installed it's own compiler which is slightly outdated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,620 Views)

Dear Lanigra,

Thank you for your Information.

First I would like to find out if it is an error in you VI or an Error in LabVIEW.

To test this please create a new simple FPGA VI which only have a loop and toggles a LED and try to compile this.

I'm waiting on your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Oleg Scherling, M.Eng | Applications Engineering | National Instruments | NIG |

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,611 Views)

Hello,

I have already compiled simple VHDL examples like LED toggling and simple adder functions with some basic parameters. Everything worked fine so far. Only when I tried to include our IP Core into the vi the problems arose.

I am 100% sure the IP Core is correct, it has been compiled in ISE and is working as expected. So it feels like a LabVIEW error...

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,579 Views)

Hello Lanigra!

In order to further analyze the error, I would like to ask you to create a new FPGA VI where you include the IPCore. Verify that the error still occurs and attach the VI, the Project and the IP Core to this thread. I will try to reproduce the problem and figure out where the error comes from.

Regards,

Georg

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,565 Views)

Hello Georg,

If it only was that simple... the IP Core I am working with is for internal use only, and at the moment I am not allowed to publish it in any way. I'll try to find a solution for that.

best regards,

Lanigra

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,561 Views)