From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Error 200477 - AutoDAQ.vi not displaying properly

I'm running an AutoDAQ.vi program on labview for thermcouples. I'm using an NI DAQ system, when I open the AutoDAQ.vi it's missing an entire display of thermalcouple channels, graphs and calibration to select the type of thermocouple, this whole area is just grey/blank. When I try to toggle the Data Aquisition to On, an error 200477 comes up stating "error occured at the Property Node DAQmx  Timing (arg 1) in DAQmx Timing (Sample Clock).vi:1->AutoDAQ.vi" and then "Possible reason(s):

Specified operation cannot be performed when there are no devices in the task.

Task Name: _unnamedTask<2>"

Any help with this?  Thanks!! I was thinking since I have a few versions/years of Labview installed this might be affecting this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(4,198 Views)

Can you send a snippet of the block diagram? It sounds like youre missing functions and you may not have the DAQ drivers installed for that version of labview.

-Matt
Message 2 of 24
(4,196 Views)

Hi Matt, 

Thanks! Yes below is one picture of the bad display, how it's showing up now. And the other is how it should look.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(4,185 Views)

The snippets are of the front panel, helpful but not as helpful as the block diagram.  Can you prodive the code or at least a snippet of the block diagram?  Is this an executable file?

[Edit]: What is the difference between the snippets as well? Are they different labview versions or ran on different computers?

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(4,178 Views)

Hi Matt,

This is a .vi file, called AutoDAQ.vi. I'm not sure how to get to the block diagram since this file was sent to me (I didn't generate the code myself). 

The difference betweent the two snip-its: One of them is how it is currently displaying (the "bad one") where there is just a big blank spot instead of thermocouple data. The second is how it should be dispalying (the "good one") and this good one was done on a previous computer someone had set up for me, but that computer is no longer operational so I'm trying to set it up on a new computer now. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(4,165 Views)
My guess is in the good one, the DAQ device is detected hence all the indicators and controls are available and in other not available because device is not detected.
-What DAQ device you are using?
-without seeing code it is difficult to say!
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(4,160 Views)
Edit to my previous post,Looking at the screenshots more, i got these inferences
-You are running an exe and not a VI, so you don't have access to Block diagram.
-Were you able to see the device in MAX?
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(4,151 Views)

Hi Matt, 

I'm using an NI 9213 DAQ card. You're right, it is an executable file, just still says .vi on the display screen. I looked up the MAX download, does that just simulate having an DAQ card to determine if it's a problem with the DAQ or not?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(4,141 Views)

Is the application a .vi or .exe extension first? Also i had a suspicion that you might be on a new computer. I would assume UDKA is correct that the device is not connected.  Installing NI MAX on your computer should install the drivers you need for daq functions plus you can test your device to make sure it is working. 

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(4,140 Views)

NI MAX is used for several daq functions, but most importantly for you it gives you the ability to connect and test your device, plus it has many of the drivers required for your device.  I have that exact thermocouple module actually.  What chassis is it in?

Take a look at the link for help with MAX

NI MAX Getting Started

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(4,136 Views)