From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Error 200477 - AutoDAQ.vi not displaying properly

The Chasis is and NI model cDAQ-9171

Oh and Matt, the .exe file comes up first!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(1,306 Views)

@matt198717 wrote:

The snippets are of the front panel, helpful but not as helpful as the block diagram.  Can you prodive the code or at least a snippet of the block diagram?  Is this an executable file?

[Edit]: What is the difference between the snippets as well? Are they different labview versions or ran on different computers?

Actually Matt, the .pngs are quite informative if you look for the subtle clues.

"Bad" is an *.exe "Good" is in the IDE (NOTE: the icons upper left)  The Graph etc.."Greyed" in "Bad" is in a subpanel! So, likely the path to the subpanel is absolute or the vi for the subpanel is not encluded in the build spec.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 12 of 24
(1,305 Views)

Good catch on both of those! Im still having a hard time seeing the differences in the upper left icon, but i wouldnt have looked for it either.  If this is a new computer that doesnt have the daq drivers then he would need to install those either way. 

Did the application come with an installer?

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(1,290 Views)

Im still having a hard time seeing the differences in the upper left icon

You have to zoom way in on it and expect the bluish border on the default exe icon and the simple black backround in the IDE

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 14 of 24
(1,279 Views)

Jeff,

Thanks for the input. I never knew that. 

As for beachmanmans problem, wouldnt it be possible that the insert vi sub panel node could be post the daq functions and in that case the sub panel wouldnt load? The error occurs at the daq timing on a new computer, which lead me to believe it is a driver problem.  I think ensuring that the device is functional should be the first step.  If he needs to fix the path he may need to find the source code.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(1,273 Views)

I had downloaded the MAX software which when I checked included the driver for this NI DAQ Card. The card was also recently tested and good. So only other two hardware components are car chasis and usb. 

Also, I had various versions of Labview installed on my computer (2011-2015) the card AutoDAQ program just needed 2012 or comptatible. However when I first installed just 2015 it didn't work. So downloaded other versions, and 2011 finally worked.

-> Could having all these versions of LabVIEW be affecting this / should I uninstall the uncessary versions of labview?

-> When I plug in the DAQ system, the light on the card chasis reads ready (but not active) fyi.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(1,262 Views)
You shouldn't need to uninstall any versions of labview. You're actually running an executable so you really just need the run time engines and drivers. Can you do 2 things.

1. Confirm through max that the hardware is working.

2. Check to see if you have the source code for the application.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(1,259 Views)
Hmmm, the application was made in with LabVIEW 2011, and you need exactly same runtime engine and drivers. So when you installed that version it should be working.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(1,253 Views)

Hi Matt,

I have MAX downloaded, but how could I confirm if it is a hardware problem with this? The "active" light on the card chasis is on but not the ready light and the NI DAQ card was just calibrated so that should be good too. I'm currently checking if I can get this code, thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(1,241 Views)

Hi Matt,

I have MAX downloaded, but how could I confirm if it is a hardware problem with this? The "active" light on the card chasis is on but not the ready light and the NI DAQ card was just calibrated so that should be good too. I'm currently checking if I can get this code, thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(1,240 Views)