LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Display message and control Value

Hey,

I am making a program and I have got some problems, how can I display a message if I use poor button? ( the button is Num Ctrl).

Moreover I would like to control value (X) between 0 and a other value (Y) who can be modified during simulation, So I would like that 0<X<Y> Have you got any ideas ?

Thank you very much for you answers

Kind regards

Meratus

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,021 Views)

@Meratus wrote:

Hey,

I am making a program and I have got some problems, how can I display a message if I use poor button? ( the button is Num Ctrl).

Moreover I would like to control value (X) between 0 and a other value (Y) who can be modified during simulation, So I would like that 0<X<Y> Have you got any ideas ?

Thank you very much for you answers

Kind regards

Meratus

What do you mean Poor button? For numeric control, you can use the property node "Minimum" and "Maximum" during the run time.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,011 Views)

Thank you for your answer ! Poor=The wrong button ! Yes i think to use maximum and minimum. But it is not possible in my case, i need to display it is wrong when we push a value in the num ctrl.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,995 Views)

You can use a value change event for the so called "wrong button" and pop-up a message when the event executes. Why are you saying its not possible?

-----

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,992 Views)

In fact i have 8 num ctrl and i have 4 scenarios in the same program ! For exemple in the scenario 1 i use just 2 buttons and i would like when i use the other buttons, disply a message of error " you do not use the good button"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,984 Views)

Instead of displaying the message why don't you disable them so that the user automatically knows they cannot use it. Does it make sense?

-----

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,976 Views)

How can i disable them ? It is perfect if i can 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,974 Views)

Right click the Control/Terminal>Property Node>Disabled, Here you can select the "Disabled and Grayed out".

-----

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,969 Views)

Thank you ! But i need to change the value if i change of scenario 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,967 Views)

You have the properties available (Check the properties of thee control) so you can do whatever you want.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,964 Views)