LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Detect Loss Of Connection with License Server

Hi - when running a VI in Labview for an extended period of time, I would like to set my hardware into a safe mode if the LabView license server goes down.  Is there a way to detect this in the VI?  And if so, do I have time to issue one last set of commands before LabView stops working?

THanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,962 Views)

Build the exe!  You should not be running dependant on continuous connections to servers.  An exe runs in the unlicensed LabVIEW RTE (Some tool-kits and addons have additional requirements)

Now as far as I know, the IDE queries the VLS at launch or when dynamically loading licensed toolkits and addons.  I don't think there are periodic revalidations for licenses that do not expire.  (And for those that do expire my experience is they are also only queried at launch)

- without specifics I can't really answer and, you should be contacting the License issuer directly since, any info I give you should not be the sole source for you adopting practices which may or may not comply with the terms of your license agreements.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,944 Views)