LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Crash Exception : Access Violation (0xC0000005)

Hi guys,

I'm having big problem whenever I tried to read some data from my GPIB instrument. The output data is supposed to be streams of measurement data up to 1000 measurement with 26 byte data each measurement, sent at once. Therefore, logically i should set byte count to 26000 byte.
LABVIEW HPBASIC.PNG
However, when i tried to run the measurement, I got a crash.
Error Exception.png

I've also attached the dump file from the crash. Please help me, I'm clueless now.

Regards,
William

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,429 Views)

If you have 1000 measurements and each measurement is represented by 26 bytes.... why do you pass 2090 as number of "N x DatByte"? Shouldn't that be 2600?

It seems that the instrument driver calls into DLL(s). Can you verify that?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,424 Views)

Hi, Norbert_B
I forget to mention that 2090 is the maximum number that i could achieve without crash. It should be 26000 instead. Yes, the IVs are instrument driver that I imported using Importwizard 2015 in Labview 2015.

Regars,
William

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,418 Views)

I tried same code in Labview 2015 , still have the same crash. However , I got a possible cause in the crash window .

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,398 Views)

Are these VIs accessible, meaning: can you open the blockdiagram?

If that is the case, can you share the VI?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,372 Views)