LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Chart vary zero position of individual plot?

As I'm sure here is no clean way of having a Digital Waveform Chart Plot, so I would like to know if we can have the y-axis 0 reference be shfted up or down for indiviual plots?

So it behaves like a Digital Chart? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,377 Views)
Hi karthik,

either add an offset to each plot or add multiple y scales...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,351 Views)

How to add offset for a Plot, isn't offset available to an Axis only?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,338 Views)
An offset is simply a constant value added to.the data point value. Say you have two data streams both varying between 0 and 1. Normally they would plot on top of each other, but add 1.5 to one of them and now it will be varying between 1.5 and 2.5 so it will plot above the other.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,329 Views)
With a chart you can also have stacked plots.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,324 Views)

I cannot used Stacked PLots as I wlll be having both Analog & Digital Values, while I require the Analog Values Overlayed. whereas adding offset to each plot by a unit or so would display wrong readings on the Digital Display/ (Can use my own Display.... But difficulty would increase as the Number of DI can vary) and during export option

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,307 Views)

Hi karthik,

whereas adding offset to each plot by a unit or so would display wrong readings on the Digital Display

Fake the Y axis labels using some string indicator(s)…

But difficulty would increase as the Number of DI can vary) and during export option

Use seperate graphs for analog and digital data. Use a waveform graph and a digital waveform graph, respectively.

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,292 Views)

I'm sorry but the above mentioned methods would not work out for me as I would have a 'Y cursor,. Is tehre any other way or any addons?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,279 Views)

Hi karthik,

the above mentioned methods would not work out for me as I would have a 'Y cursor.

You really should learn to provide ALL needed information in the first post…

And providing an example VI with some example data is always a good idea to explain the problem you want to solve!

Why should a Y cursor be a problem here? When you already fake the Y axis you can also implement reading the current cursor position and re-correct the Y reading to your digital waveform data!

As Mike suggested you know the offset added to each plot. When the cursor reading is between 1.5 and 2.5 you know you have to subtract 1.5 to get the proper value of this specific digital plot…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,269 Views)