LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview BeagleBone

Is there a way to run my Labview app or exe on my BeagleBone Black? I haven't tried it yet and from what I've read I gather that people haven't done it or I suppose they haven't posted anything about it. What are my options? Please help me out here.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,647 Views)
The reason people haven't posted anything on it is because you can't run LabVIEW on it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,629 Views)

If you have LabVIEW for Linux you can give it a try with Ubuntu OS installed on the BeagleBone Black.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,606 Views)
But the LabVIEW for Linux is only for x86 processors.
Message 4 of 11
(4,590 Views)

Here's a link to a Community discussion regarding the possibility to execute LabVIEW Real-Time on a ARMv7.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/24941

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,564 Views)
can anyone recommend me a cheap embedded board to run my Labview code on ? One that also has serial interface. Price <100$?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,530 Views)

It would have to be an x86 board with Linux support. And I'm not aware of any board like that within the price range you indicate.

The other option in the thread from Michael definitely will fall out of that price range even if you forget the significant effort to port NI Linux RT to your target, since you have to calculate the LabVIEW runtime license in.  

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,491 Views)
what about Edison's breakout kit or the Minnowboard? both have x86 architecture with Intel's Edison and Atom processor respectively
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,480 Views)

There's a project to build a compiler which will compile LV code for the Arduino. They haven't released a final price or release date, but they were talking about March and something on the order of 50-500$ for the dev license. It should also be clear that this will have some limits, but it looks fairly promising - http://www.tsxperts.com/arduino-compatible-compiler-for-labview/

(4,475 Views)

@therealjohndoe77 wrote:
what about Edison's breakout kit or the Minnowboard? both have x86 architecture with Intel's Edison and Atom processor respectively

Intel Edison would get close to the indicated price range as you have to add some carrier board before you can even think about using it and seems to have Linux support, although the Yocto embedded suite, which may be different enough to cause some problems for a seemless operation. The Minnowboard seems to be far beyond the indicated price limit.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,448 Views)