LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8.5 .VIs

Hi, 

I have some old .VI's that I want to continue developing.

They were created in Labview 8.5. 

When loading the .VI's I get the messages that "deviceopen.VI", "DIOwriteportbyte.VI", "AIconfig.VI", etc cant be found.

I tried but cant find where I can download Labview 8.5. It would be easier for me to download 8.5 than to try to figure out how to upgrade 30 .VI's.

I currenty use Labview 2013.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,480 Views)

Those VIs are from the NI DAQ (now called Traditional DAQ) which NI no longer supports.  They were replaced with DAQmx around the LabVIEW 7.1 to 8.0 days.

You could try this: Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 but I would recommend rewriting those VIs to use DAQmx.  It is a much better API and will be supported for a while now.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,478 Views)

Thank you for the suggestions. 

As I use a 64 bit system, the traditional daq is not available to me.

As for rewriting the .VI's to daqmx, I am pretty new to this so I could if possible use some help or example suggestions.

I have attached three of the files that I need to rewrite as examples.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,462 Views)

I would highly recommend going through the examples built into LabVIEW.  To open the Example Finder, go to Help->Find Examples.  You can find way more information than you ever wanted in there.

But here's a really quick rewrite of your Digital Read function.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,452 Views)