From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8.0.1 hangs on startup and shutdown

Hi Martin,

I hope you're doing well.  I am wondering what steps you used to uninstall everything and clean the registry.  There may be specific registry keys we want to delete specifically, but we would want you to contact a local applications engineer to help you with this.  When you say you uninstalled everything the second time and installed LabVIEW 8.0, did you use the same steps (with msiBlast.exe and registry edits)?  We want to make sure that we clear all NI software, including any drivers, so removing LabVIEW and MAX may not necessarily enough.  If you need help with how to wipe everything clean, feel free to create a service request for this issue, and we can have an applications engineer work with you via phone or email.  Thanks!

Thaison V
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(1,419 Views)
I can confirm that even doing the complete install of all NI products still leaves a lot in the registry.
I manually cleaned it out, anything to do with National Instruments and LabVIEW, and did the
upgrade to 8.20. So far so good, but not enough time on testing yet to confirm.
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(1,412 Views)

Hello all,

I have manually uninstalled all NI components inclusive toolkits, MAX etc. But to uninstall everything, I had to first abort all NI Tasks. Other vice I was not able to uninstall MAX. Then I used msiBlast.exe but msiBlast.exe couldn’t find further NI Software to uninstall.

(I have tested msiBlast.exe before manually uninstalling everything and it found a lot of NI Software)

After that, I have used a registry cleaner to clean the whole registry. The registry cleaner found a lot of NI- registry keys to remove. But I’m not sure if he really has removed all NI keys…

Anyway I am not sure that this Problem is only caused by a “bad registry key”.

My problem only exists when I boot up my PC and nidevmon.exe and nimxs.exe are not running correctly…

I always have to reboot the computer till the nidevmon.exe is running correctly, then I know, that I can start LabVIEW, MAX etc…

Today I had only to reboot twice…

When nidevmo.exe appears in the Taskbar I can start and quit LabVIEW and MAX as much as I like… But I don’t like to run my computer 365 days a year…

By the way I have also checked the hard disk for errors, but there were no errors…

Martin

CLD

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(1,408 Views)

Hello Martin,

did you find a solution for this behaviour in the meantime - I'm encountering a similar problem (NI-MAX will not start when LabWindows/CVI V8.0.1 is installed and the Vision Dev. Module 8.2 is installed). Horrible - I'm installing the SW now for more than a week (and remove it completely) - this is really a nightmare!

By the way - I'm using a DUAL CORE Atholn 64 X2 4800+.

But I do not think, this is the reason, as my system used to work with an older Vision SW. But this does not help me no longer - even ealier SW-Versions will cause the same problem.

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(1,372 Views)
Have you tried starting your PC in safe mode? It is possible that one of the
windows services is contributing to this error.

TicoTech
"blank" <x@no.email> wrote in message
news:1160845807060-427714@exchange.ni.com...
>Hello Martin,
>&nbsp;
>did you find a solution for this behaviour in the meantime - I'm
>encountering a similar problem (NI-MAX will not start when LabWindows/CVI
>V8.0.1 is installed and the Vision Dev. Module 8.2 is installed).
>Horrible - I'm installing the SW now for more than a week (and remove it
>completely) - this is really a nightmare!
>&nbsp;
>By the way - I'm using a DUAL CORE Atholn 64 X2 4800+.
>&nbsp;
>But I do not think, this is the reason, as my system used to work with an
>older Vision SW. But this does not help me no longer - even ealier
>SW-Versions will cause the same problem.
>&nbsp;
>Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(1,362 Views)
Hello Thomas I was not able to realy solve the problem. I just always start till nidevmon.exe is running correctly. A possible solution could be to delete the Data Directory from MAX. MAX has probably sometimes problems to load the configuration of all my PXI systems correctly... But I don't realy like to delete the data directory and import and export the MAX Settings daily... So I currently just continue... But I think my LabVIEW and MAX are running much better since I always Disconnect the remote RT- PXI systems bevore closing the Project in LabVIEW... (Disconnect means dissconnecting the System in the Project explorer) Martin

Message Edited by mc-hase on 10-27-2006 01:13 AM

Message Edited by mc-hase on 10-27-2006 01:14 AM

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(1,322 Views)