Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 7.1 executable on win7 64 bits

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author seedbarrett

Oh, yes.  Always use the 32-bit version of LabVIEW unless there is an explicit need for the 64-bit version - like memory limitation issues - because it works fine on a 64-bit OS and it has much better toolkit and driver support.  I guess everyone was assuming that you knew this.  Sorry you had to figure it out on your own.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 31 of 42
(1,452 Views)

@seedbarrett wrote:

I know this is tiny issues, i wouldn't imagine start form scratch and do everything on my own. After researchs, I have see that the problem come from a DLL wich isn't compatible apparently. I will try to use 32 bits version of labview 2013 (thanks evaluation period, you saved my life Heart ) to see if it's works like this. I hope, i'm getting tired of all of this problems, I just wanna use labview 😛

I also hope there is no -more- problems with windows 8 and 10 soon, i don't wanna all this troubles again. 

I don't understand why you didn't take the much simpler and quicker path of installing the 32-bit DLL and trying that first with the LabVIEW 7.1

You are still going to need that 32-bit DLL.

Message 32 of 42
(1,448 Views)

That what I done, and it's true, 32 bits version looks better for everything. I hope that will solve my problem, but I wonder if the people before me done is job right before me, because I run out of idea. It looks like i will have fun using NI MAX hoping it will workd.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 42
(1,421 Views)

Wow thanks everyone, with the 2013 version everything works better than expecting. I'm currently really happy and impress by this forum and this support. Labview 2013 is definitly a better version Cat Very Happy . I really wanna say thanks because it's with your help that I fix it !

EDIT: If i could I would hug all of you

Message 34 of 42
(1,414 Views)

@seedbarrett wrote:

Wow thanks everyone, with the 2013 version everything works better than expecting. I'm currently really happy and impress by this forum and this support. Labview 2013 is definitly a better version Cat Very Happy . I really wanna say thanks because it's with your help that I fix it !

Are we to understand that you were able to use the 64-bit DLL and everything magically works because you installed LabVIEW 2013 32-bit?

That is a miracle!

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 42
(1,396 Views)

@nyc_(is_out_of_here) wrote:

@seedbarrett wrote:

Are we to understand that you were able to use the 64-bit DLL and everything magically works because you installed LabVIEW 2013 32-bit?

That is a miracle!

No, I think the OP just installed the 32-bit driver with 32-bit LV 2013 as was suggested.  I noticed in the OP's posts that sometimes you have to kind of string several posts together otherwise it doesn't quite make sense.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 42
(1,385 Views)

@billko wrote:

@seedbarrett wrote:

That is a miracle!

No, I think the OP just installed the 32-bit driver with 32-bit LV 2013 as was suggested.  I noticed in the OP's posts that sometimes you have to kind of string several posts together otherwise it doesn't quite make sense.  🙂

Which goes to prove that some people prefer to do things the hard way.

I would have bet money that had simply installed the 32-bit driver in the first place (1 minute task), the software would have worked.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 42
(1,378 Views)

The driver wasn't the only problem, but also the 7.1 version of labview. You said before i must upgrade, I wasn't thinking a this dll 32 bits (i'm still student, and not a labview pro as you can guess). But i'm really happy to see that FINALLY working ! I try first with the 64 bits version because i was thinking that 64 bits PC use 64 bits apps, but not in this case.

After such great help I will try to help others people as well now !

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 42
(1,369 Views)

@seedbarrett wrote:

The driver wasn't the only problem, but also the 7.1 version of labview. You said before i must upgrade, I wasn't thinking a this dll 32 bits (i'm still student, and not a labview pro as you can guess). But i'm really happy to see that FINALLY working ! I try first with the 64 bits version because i was thinking that 64 bits PC use 64 bits apps, but not in this case.

After such great help I will try to help others people as well now !

I did not say you must upgrade. You chose to listen to those who insisted that you had to.

I was the person who wrote that I was able to get LabVIEW 6.1 to work on a Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit laptop.

And we will never now, but the 7.1 version of LabVIEW was *not* your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 42
(1,367 Views)

@billko wrote:

@seedbarrett wrote:

That is a miracle!

Which goes to prove that some people prefer to do things the hard way.

I would have bet money that had simply installed the 32-bit driver in the first place (1 minute task), the software would have worked.

I have to repsctfully disagree.  Kind of.  Remember that equipment that was bought to work with LV 7.1 is OLD.  Many times you run into issues where a dll won't work on Windows 7 but the new Windows dll is incompatible with the old code.  As an example, I had a VME card that the Windows 7 dll just wouldn't work with the old code.  It wouldn't throw an error, but the card wouldn't even initialize.  It took about two weeks of back and forth with the vendor to realize that there was an undocumented change in the dll that flipped the "endian-ness" of the data.  Well, that's not exactly true, because there was a (single) comment in the source code.  Even then, the issue was found by me, and not them.  To avoid subtle issues like this, I believe the OP took the correct path.  Better to skirt a potential issue than to roll the dice with an unsupported upgrade path.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 42
(1,362 Views)