cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 7.1 executable on win7 64 bits

Solved!
Go to solution

@Bob_Schor wrote:

LabVIEW 7.1 came out in 2004, which means that there has been a decade's worth of improvements made, many of which have made LabVIEW (a) significantly faster in execution speed (due to better code and better code optimization), (b) a significantly easier development environment, (c) provide many more functions and toolboxes to ease development tasks, and (d) provide better Documentation, Help, and Examples.  If you haven't upgraded since then, and you really want to keep your 10-year-old product working (with modern PCs and Operating Systems) and up-to-date, I think a strong case can be made for acquiring LabVIEW 2014!

Bob Schor

It wasn't my decision to make.

It worked. No money was going to be spent to upgrade.

When I left that contract job, their additional 60 days on top of the original 45 days evaluation of LabVIEW 2013 was up.

I don't know what they decided to do.

The LabVIEW 2013 was only necessary because they decided to buy a NI USB-6001 without fulling understanding the ramifications.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 42
(1,841 Views)

Wow!  You managed to get the LabVIEW 6.1 disks to install on Windows 8.1?  How'd you do that?

Looks like I'm out a dime.  Let me know if you're going to NI Week 2015 -- I'l stake you to a beer, or a BBQ lunch or dinner one day, instead ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 42
(1,840 Views)

I'm sure that labview 2014 is awesome, it must be, that is not the problem, i would like an upgrade but i don't the money for it. So i'm blocked with labview 7.1, and I think that i can do already great things with it. I just don't understand where the problem is. Did you thing microchip drivers are in cause ?

PS: 32 or 64 bits your windows 8.1 with LabView 6.0 ?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 42
(1,826 Views)
You really need to explain how the driver is being called . This microchip driver is possibly 64-bit for your new os and your 32-bit application will not be able to call it.
Message 14 of 42
(1,822 Views)

Wow i had never imagine this problem, because i have install the driver on my own. But yes, 64 bits is quite sure. I had the 32bits version on XP and there was no problems. But it's true, it's a 32 bits application. thanks for your help i will try to use the Labview 2009 of a friend to create the exe and see if it's work. I would never imagine that problem thanks a lot !

Edit : I have also try to create a NI-VISA driver, but it doesn't seems successful

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 42
(1,816 Views)

There is no 64-bit LabVIEW in LabVIEW 6.1.  While there is 64-bit LabVIEW in the newer releases, most developers install 32-bit LabVIEW on 64-bit platforms unless they really need the 64-bit address space.  This seems to be the "preferred model", 32-bit LabVIEW on 64-bit Windows 7 or 8.  [I've not heard good things about 64-bit Win XP -- I think this is an example of 32-bit Win-XP and, of course, 32-bit LabVIEW].

BS

P.S. -- If you can get your code to work with your friend's LabVIEW 2013 (32-bit) installation, that would be a good time to go to your boss and say "We can do this, here's proof, but we can't support it without having our own copy of "modern" LabVIEW", and let them make the decision.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 42
(1,804 Views)

seedbarrett wrote:

Edit : I have also try to create a NI-VISA driver, but it doesn't seems successful

And that is where you hit the wall.  Any version of VISA that will work on Windows 7 will not be compatible with LabVIEW 7.1.  If you plan to do any support in the near future, you definately want to update your version of LabVIEW.  Just keep adding the ammo to use on your boss.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 17 of 42
(1,795 Views)

Haha thanks a lot everyone, if I show him how important it is to update LabView there be no problems I guess :).

I hope it will works on newest version !

EDIT: I will mark as solution when i will be sure it works.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 42
(1,791 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Wow!  You managed to get the LabVIEW 6.1 disks to install on Windows 8.1?  How'd you do that?

Looks like I'm out a dime.  Let me know if you're going to NI Week 2015 -- I'l stake you to a beer, or a BBQ lunch or dinner one day, instead ...

BS

I even have it documented which version of NI-VISA (version 5.4.1) and NI-488.2  (version 3.1.2) I used, though I doubt that I would need it again.

I guess I didn't know any better not to try first.  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 42
(1,774 Views)

@seedbarrett wrote:

Haha thanks a lot everyone, if I show him how important it is to update LabView there be no problems I guess :).

I hope it will works on newest version !

EDIT: I will mark as solution when i will be sure it works.

I suspect that the issue is NOT which version of LabV IEW, but rather the USB driver that you are using to communicate to your PIC.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 42
(1,765 Views)