LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 6 to labview 9 upgrade question

I am currently upgrading from labview 6 to labview 9. I've installed the traditional legacy NI Daq driver which took care of many errors that were present. My issue now is how to read the waveform data? as labview 9 does not want to read it. Is there a way to modify the current AI read.VI which acquires the waveform data, or do I need to go to the NI DAQ mx and rebuild everything?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,053 Views)

What do you mean by "it does not want to read it"? Are you getting an error? If so, what is it?

In general you're better off rewriting the app to use DAQmx. Traditional DAQ is pretty much obsolete. You can read this article to learn how to convert from Traditional DAQ to DAQmx: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4342

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,050 Views)

there's no errors present but the waveform chart does not display any data..im kind of new to labview so why do you recommend rewriting everything? whys it better to stay with NIDAQmx rather than the traditional driver?

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,045 Views)

If you post your VI then further analysis can be done.

@lakersrl wrote:

im kind of new to labview so why do you recommend rewriting everything? whys it better to stay with NIDAQmx rather than the traditional driver?

Miss the part where I said that Traditional DAQ is pretty much obsolete? Converting from Traditional DAQ to DAQmx is not hard. You'd HAVE to stay with Traditional DAQ if you have an old card that's not supported by DAQmx. Do you? If you post your VI then more specific suggestions can be provided. Also, please provide information as to the DAQ device(s) you are using.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,037 Views)

Hey, I attached a portion of the main VI. going to be using NI cDAQ 9172 device

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,030 Views)

more spicifically, heres the sub VI attached

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,012 Views)

The old drivers only work with the old widgets.

You have to upgrade.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,008 Views)

any help on how i can upgrade the sub VI i just attched?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,978 Views)

You've posted screenshots instead of actual VIs. You can't debug screenshots. It's better to post the actual VIs. Also, the cDAQ 9172 is just the chassis. You did not indicate what modules are in it.

As for how to convert, did you read the document I linked to?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,972 Views)

sub VI is atached

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,970 Views)