LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 5.1 text to speech

Hello!
I would like to know the minimum version of Labview to use "text to speech" function, if there is one?

The lowest I've found is an example for Labview 6.1 to use with Microsoft SDK 5.1.

I have access to Labview 5.1 at the moment and I wonder if I have to upgrade to a higher version? If so, which version at least?

If anyone have example code for "text to speech" function it would be great if you could share it!

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,378 Views)
the LV 6.1 example is just calling windows dlls.  This VI could be written in any version of LabVIEW.  I don't think that it is using anything labview specific that would prevent it from running in LV 5.1

The olny way to convert down is to do a save for previous from LV 6.1, into LV 6.0, and then from 6.0 to 5.1.  I know that this seems like a pain, but it is the only way to save it down to your version.

If you haven't seen a new version of LV since 5.1, this might be a great reason to buy LV 8.0.  The cost of the new version is less than the amount of time you'll spend finding the old versions, and saving all those VIs for a previous version.

Let me know if you have any questions.
joel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,347 Views)

Hello!

You can even try out LabVIEW 8 Online here without downloading/installing software:

http://digital.ni.com/demo.nsf/websearch/CE34B1339DE04F2086256E930074129F?OpenDocument&node=1381_US

Regards,

Jimmie A.

Applications Engineer, National Instruments

Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,330 Views)