LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2014 Release Date?

Anyone know when the general released version of Labview 2014 will be made available?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,459 Views)

Probably during or after NI Week (August).

Mondoni
Message 2 of 7
(3,454 Views)
All recent major LabVIEW versions have been released around NI-Week (Early August), so that would be a good estimate. No guarantees, though, of course. 😄
Message 3 of 7
(3,453 Views)

Thanks for the reply....

I am runnning 2012 and was just wondering if it would be worth my time to upgrade now to 2013 or wait for 2014. Sounds like it would be worth my time to move to 2013 now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,448 Views)

But if you really want 2014 you might want to wait until just before/after it comes out.  The reason is that once 2014 comes out there will be a service pack that comes out some time later to fix things.  If you don't have a current service contract when the service pack is released you will have to renew your service contract to get it. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,427 Views)

Bryan,

Yea my company keeps our service contracts updated every year. I typically wait until the DS2 release comes out before I upgrade.

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,403 Views)

If you have a Service Contract, and have access to the "latest" release (in, say, September), then the key question to ask is "Are there features in the New Release that I need or want?".  An equally important question is "What version are my Colleagues using?".  If you "share code", you all need to be running the same version of LabVIEW, as LabVIEW is not "backwards compatible" (once you open and close a VI in 2013, LabVIEW 2012 will not be able to open it).

As for Service Packs, the NI Update Service largely takes care of "patching" LabVIEW for you, so installing the SP1 release (out in February) is not always necessary.

BS (still running LabVIEW 2012, as my colleagues have not migrated to 2013).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,323 Views)