LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2014 DSC install error

Tried to install the new DVD's and received an error trying to load the DSC module SQL server 2005 backwards compatability 64 bit wrapper on windows 7 64 bit enterprise version.

Picture attached is the install error. Second picture is the error when installing a download for sql 2005 from a microsoft website. Sounds like the installer is not checking for newer versions.

Is there a way around the install issue in order to get DSC module installed?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(4,448 Views)

What happens if you select the "Yes" option to continue the installation? Does the installation then continue and complete successfully?

By default, the DSC 2014 installer should install SQL Express 2008. Is 2008 (or a later version) already successfully installed on your machine?

In any case, when running the DSC installer, there should be an option to "select features for install." If you deselect SQL 2008, do you still encounter the error?

Regards,

Ryan K.
Product Manager, ATCA and BEEcube
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(4,414 Views)

The installation stopped after the yes option. 2008 and 2008R2 are installed already, as well as the 2005 backward compatability.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(4,389 Views)

If you deselect SQL from the "select features for install" window, does the issue still occur?

Ryan K.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(4,370 Views)

I downloaded just the 2014 DSC module and it does not give you the option to unselect the SQL portion of the install. or the individual 2005 64 bit wrapper.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(4,286 Views)

Based on that screen shot, it looks like all of the DSC components have already been successfully installed. Does DSC appear in NI MAX (under My System->Software->LabVIEW 2014) or in the NI License Manager? Have you tried to use DSC functionality, and if so, have you run into any problems?

Since SQL support is already fully installed, to remove it you would have to completely uninstall the DSC module and then reinstall it, this time deselecting the option to install SQL support.

Ryan K.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(4,262 Views)

Error.png

I have a problem with DSC install, I have installed Run-time engine. Please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(4,001 Views)

@HVL wrote:

I have a problem with DSC install, I have installed Run-time engine. Please help me.

Did you also install LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(3,975 Views)
Yes, i have installed LabVIEW in my compter, i tried 3 times. Please help me. Kinght of NI.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(3,953 Views)

The runtime engine isn't LabVIEW.  You'll need to get your hands on the DSC Runtime Engine.  That RTE requires a license for each computer you put it on.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(3,949 Views)