LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2013 report generation toolkit word 2010 insert table problem

Hi,

I am currently evaluating LV2013 with respect to the report generation toolkit for use with word 2010. My Vi/program won't insert the correct table and gives me an error message. see below:-

Exception occured in Microsoft Word: The requested member of the collection does not exist.Help Path is wdmain11.chm and context 25421 in NI_ReportGenerationToolkit.lvlib:Word_Insert_Table.vi->NI_Word.lvclass:Append Text Table to Report.vi->Word Table save.vi

I have since run the following word example.vi provided by NI within LV2013 office examples:- Growable table.vi. this gives me the same error!

Exception occured in Microsoft Word: The requested member of the collection does not exist.Help Path is wdmain11.chm and context 25421 in NI_ReportGenerationToolkit.lvlib:Word_Insert_Table.vi->NI_Word.lvclass:Append Text Table to Report.vi->Growable table.vi

It would seem that regardless of my own Vi there is a fundamental problem in the office example vi.

I have found examples of a similar problem in LV2011/2012 but the work around code doesn't seem to match the LV2013 vi's code for a direct replacement.

Can anyone help/shed some light on this? 

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,059 Views)

Hi Dan,

I am an Applications Engineer at National Instruments. Can you please provide me with the exception code?

NabilahF
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,004 Views)

Hi NabilahF,

the code is:-

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,999 Views)

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the reply. This is a known issue in LabVIEW 2013 and we are working towards fixing it in a later version. The example seems to work in LabVIEW 2011 just fine. There is a potential work around that does appear to work, but I've not tested it on my machine. You can copy the vi's from 2011 to 2013 and the example works.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day! 

NabilahF
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,959 Views)

aaaahhhh boooddyyy filter!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,737 Views)

have you already fixed on this error code?

i have got this error message in 2014

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,611 Views)

Because the upgrade of Word from 2007 to 2010 I needed to upgrade an existing application from LabVIEW 2009 to 2013. This didn't work because of the insert table error. I discovered that the problem is the vi called "Word_Insert_Table.vi" located in the ..Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\addons\_office\_wordsub.llb. There is a "Cut" command implemented, this command removes the created cell instead of clearing it. Therefore the table will be filled half and then returnes with an error. I have removed this command. I have posted the changed vi (LV 2013).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,515 Views)