LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2011 Error code 3

I am having the same Error code 3 using Labview 2011 student edition.  I tried adding connPaneRecoveryMode=True to the ini file and it did not solve the problem.  Can anyone help me to recover the vi?  It will set me back by days if I have to recreate it.  Your help will be much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,382 Views)

Here it is fixed.

I recommend replacing the stacked sequence structure with a flat sequence structure.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,374 Views)

Thank you so much for saving my file AND for the recommendation.  I worry about using the Flat Sequence loop because I've had problems with the block diagram being too large to save.  But I will try to use them whenever possible.  Thank you again. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,370 Views)

I'm glad it saved you so much work.  It is the first time I attempted to follow the procedures to fix this problem. I used LV2012 and saved it back to LV2011.  I know that when I didn't follow the procedures precisely, it crashed LabVIEW with an FPSane error.

I mentioned the sequence structures because in general, the stacked sequence is being discouraged as a part of good LabVIEW style.  It hides code, and the sequence locals force you to have wires running in the wrong direction in one or more cases which confuses someone trying to follow the code.  If you have too much code that makes your block diagram too big, that is a time to consider consolidating code into logical functional groups that can be placed into subVI's.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,365 Views)