From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2010 with CDAQ 9188 and NI9205

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using the NI CDAQ 9188 with the Analog Input Module NI 9205. The NI 9205 specification shows that it has

16 channel differential channels, or 32 Single ended. I am using the "DAQ Assistance" in Labview to configure the

NI 9205 module. But it only allows me to select 8 differential channels. After I set the 8th channel, then the

Terminal Configuration does not allow for differential inputs. It only allows for RSE or NRSE inputs.

Am I doing something wrong? I just purchased the Unit to be used for 16 channel Differential reading.

Thanks

Bobby

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,803 Views)

Getting access to all 16 differential channels on NI-9205 had me pulling my hair out recently. Since the NI-9205 has its channels arranged a little differently than most other boards, the solution to getting all 16 of the differential channels  is not so obvious.  The following procedure works in both the DAQ Assistant and in Create new NI-DAQmx Tasks in MAX. You must choose the channels exactly as indicated below.

First, open the  DAQ Assistant, choose NI-9205 from the list, select volts and then highlight channels 0 to 7. Click on Finish and when the main DAQAssistant window opens, set these channels to be differential.  This gets the first group of 8 channels.

Now, click on the plus sign in the Channel Setting tab and select volts from the menu. Find your NI-9205 in the list, and highlight channels 16 to 23. Click OK and you should have the second bank of 8 differential channels in the configuration.

If you open the Connection Diagram, you can see how the differential pairs are wired. The channel pairing is shown on page 12 of the NI-9205 Operating Instructions.

JohnCS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,798 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bobby_y

Hello,

It worked.

Thank You

Bobby

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,788 Views)

If you're happy with the results, you could mark the question answered.

JohnCS

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,769 Views)

Dear John. Please help me!
I cannot use NI 9205 in difference mode with cDAQ 9179 Although I set up like you show
The signal is square wave as attach picture.
Thank so much!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,373 Views)