cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2010 exe issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

New LV user here. I am currently using LV 2010 and trying to create an exe so I can run a program on another computer. I can successfully build the exe with the three required files using instructions i found here, it runs great on my PC however when I tested it out on a laptop i get a message that it cannot find a shared library as well as all the DAQ VI that i used in the program.

afterwards the VI runs but it is broken.

Any ideas of what may be the issue??

The laptop runs XP, and the run time engine I am using is LVRTE2010_SP1f5std, the module is a USB6001.

I found a lot of great information in these forums, but nothing related to this issue.

Any help would be grateful.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,608 Views)

Add a "installer" build based on your exe. Once the installer is built and run on the target machine, it will install the drivers and run-time engine.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,606 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jaytronics

With LV 2010, you may have to choose the drivers manually.  I don't remember what version that LV got smarter and took an educated guess for you, but it was right around then, I think.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,572 Views)

i couldn't get it to work. I still get the same problems. I am sure that I am doing something wrong

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,563 Views)

are you referring to the drivers for the module?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,561 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jaytronics

Yes.  You will need DAQmx run-time drivers installed on the laptop.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,550 Views)

OK I have it running!.. but for what ever reason it wont recognize the USB-6001. there are no specific driver that are just for the USB-6001 all got when searching was NIDAQ1601f0.

I also used NIDAQ910f0Core

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,542 Views)

There is a chance that the USB port on the laptop is to old and weak to recognize the module, so the VI may actually be fine. I will do some testing to confirm.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,497 Views)

it was a combination of an intermittent USB port and installing the wrong drivers 

thanks every one

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,466 Views)