LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label printer

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an application where I want to print around 8000 labels per day. Labels will have a serial number and the label size should not exceed 1 inch. Are there any such label printers available with ready Labview drivers?

Labview version is 2009 and preferred interface is USB

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,633 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author r_te
Usually, all that you need is the Windows printer driver. The serial number is all that you need to print?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,630 Views)

We are looking for a dedicated label printer from Zebra, brother, etc

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,628 Views)
I understand what a label printer is.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,623 Views)

Yes serial number is all I need to print. It will be a alphanumeric serial number in between 12-16 digits which will be generated by the labview program itself.

How do I use the windows printer driver to print using the label printer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,613 Views)

If you are using a Zebra printer, you can send 'zpl code' directly to the printer using VISA. This can be serial port, USB, parallel port - just choose your VISA resource once connected.

The code manual is available here.

And this is the code I used to print barcoded MAC address labels to apply to one of our products:

^XA
^LH10,00

^FS
^PW2000

^FS
^FO80,20^BY3
^BCN,70,N,N,N,N
^FDXXXX

^FS
^A@N,50,25,F:C.FNT
^FO80,95^FDMAC XXXX

^FS
^XZ

Check the mahual to see what each line does and modify it to suit your application. Basically my code sets the labels origin (LH), the print width (PW), the field origin (FO), the type and size of barcode (BY, BC) and the human readable font and size (A@). 

My vi substitutes the 'XXXX' with the MAC address needed, and it also keeps a record of used ones. This will be similar to keeping track of serial numbers.

Not a Windows printer driver in sight!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,531 Views)

how to install USB printer in VISA?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,114 Views)