cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label misplacement after conversion or copying

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Ettepet,

It is true and recognized that this problem persists in LabVIEW 2013 as well. The existing CAR #412977 documents the newest LabVIEW release as well. While this CAR is documented and being worked on, we do not have a guaranteed release date for when it will be fixed.

We intentionally do not include all CARs on the List of Known Issues white paper. This CARs absence on this list does not mean the CAR does not exist - it was just decided not to include it on the list.

I would recommend waiting until 2013 SP1 is released in February 2014 or 2014 is released in August 2014 and then checking back with an AE to see if the CAR was addressed in either release. This is the soonest it could possibly be fixed.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience - we are continually working to make LabVIEW better!

Joey S.
Senior Product Manager, Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(326 Views)

@j_spin wrote:

Hi Ettepet,

It is true and recognized that this problem persists in LabVIEW 2013 as well. The existing CAR #412977 documents the newest LabVIEW release as well. While this CAR is documented and being worked on, we do not have a guaranteed release date for when it will be fixed.

We intentionally do not include all CARs on the List of Known Issues white paper. This CARs absence on this list does not mean the CAR does not exist - it was just decided not to include it on the list.

I would recommend waiting until 2013 SP1 is released in February 2014 or 2014 is released in August 2014 and then checking back with an AE to see if the CAR was addressed in either release. This is the soonest it could possibly be fixed.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience - we are continually working to make LabVIEW better!

Joey, thanks for responding!

I understand miracles aint gonna happen.  What I was aghast to see is it now happening 'at random'.  My guess is that some regularly run "code consistency check" is doing this (what I would call) damage, propably setting properties "right" (though in my case partly "wrong") just in case.  Can you please check if this is included in the CAR #412977, or add this phenomenon somehow?  Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(316 Views)

Hi Ettepet,

I put a new note in the CAR notifying R&D of your input about the issue's manifestation in 2013 and the seeming random nature of the automatic adjustments to manual label positioning.

Now, fingers crossed!

Joey S.
Senior Product Manager, Software
National Instruments
Message 23 of 23
(298 Views)