LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView using Visa and USB interface to program lighs

I agree with you about the VCP being easier to use. I should have linked to that.

My applications are often small custom  boards with onboard 8 bitmicrocontroller connecting to USB via some FTDI chip.

When you say "Your choice also prevents someone from using an existing instrument driver" do you mean for applications where the target is more sophisticated than a simple micro, or where it already has available drivers ?

I'm interested in hearing if there are better options than the ftdi chip for my simple custom USB comms scenarios.

I'm also keen to know what other options are out there for easily interfacing LV to small low cost microprocessor boards via USB....without writing the USB interface in the micro itself.

Regards,

carloman

===============================================================

Take a look at DATEx, FOTEx, HELEx & SIGEx add-in trainer boards for NI ELVIS 1,2 & 2+ and DXIQ, ESSB for NI ELVIS III and myDSP for myDAQ to learn Wireless Telecoms, Signals & Systems, Fiber Optics and Green Energy principles (www.emona-tims.com)
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(644 Views)
Sorry, I missed the fact that you were using the cop itself with a micro design. In that case, with propriety hardware, the driver you use does not make s great deal of difference. You can actually have the user avoid installing the VISA runtime. Amy user might be more familiar with serial functions though I'm not sure how many new users are as familiar with serial as when it was part of every pc and a much more common communications method.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(629 Views)