LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView student version registration on Mac OSx

Hi,

I installed the latest version of LabView student on my Mac a few weeks ago, so I've 5 days left to "try" this version. I have the latest version of OSx too, so I had to boot in 32 bits, but that's not the problem there...

I would like to register because I'll have to work on LabView during the 3 months to come, but I really don't know how to do. I looked for an answer on this forum but I didn't find any answer. My school gave me a key for LabView for Windows, but I don't know if it works on Mac too, and anyhow I don't know where to type it. 
So, what are my options ? I wanted to download the profesionnal version and enter my school's key, but I didn't find the Mac version on NI's website.

Maybe it's very easy and I'm too stupid to understand that. In that case, I'm sorry for the stupid question... If someone can help me, it would be really nice !

Sorry for my approximate english, it's not my native language...

Thank you ! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,575 Views)

Hi smiley.lips,

Your english is just fine.  Your best bet will be to dual boot into windows os.  Licensing is different for that of a Mac, and the key that you received from your school will only work on a Windows OS.

If you would like, you could purchase a Mac OS version from Studica for around $20 USD.  You will only be able to use LabVIEW Student Edition, Control Design & Simulation, and Mathscript RT on a Mac OS though.  Also, you will have limited access to hardware such as myDAQ.

Again, this is why it is recommended to dual boot into Windows. 

Best,

Adam

Adam
Academic Product Manager
National Intruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,555 Views)

Just to clarify, you can install and activate LabVIEW and toolkits/modules on Mac OS, but it has different licensing than that of Windows OS.  If you are a student on a campus with an Academic Site License, please contact your license/software administrator for help getting access to hte Mac OS version.

Best,

Adam
Academic Product Manager
National Intruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,533 Views)

Just to clarify, you can install and activate LabVIEW and toolkits/modules on Mac OS, but it has different licensing than that of Windows OS.  If you are a student on a campus with an Academic Site License, please contact your license/software administrator for help getting access to hte Mac OS version.

Best,

Adam
Academic Product Manager
National Intruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,532 Views)