From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView signal generation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

i have big problem with my signal generator and have no idea where can be problem. I made program in LabView to make signal which i am than sendind to my NI PCI 6221 card through DAQ Assistant. My program is:

PROGRAM.png

The fromt panel with shown generated signal is:

front.png

But my problem is with changing some parameters of my signal in generation process. For exapmle when i change Up time, so the square exponent will take longer time, i see on my osciloscope some remains of previous signal. So the final singal (on osciloscope) looks like this: 

pic.png

(sorry for hand made painting)

If i stop the program and start it again the new signal with new parametrs is generated perfectly. So i think that the card PCI 6221 after i change some paramters will not throw away all data in buffer (at least i think so). For DAQ Assistant i use Continuous sample with 800k samples per second. With this mode (Continuous sample) i get this remain signal on new signal. When i tried use N samples mode, it seems to work properly but the generation time is really slow, means once per second and i need to use my card for rading data too so this is out of the question. I tried to programm this write function to PCI card manually (instad of DAQ Assistant) too, but then i ger really rough signal which is really not so smooth as from DAQ Assistant. I evn tried to change numbr of samples every time when i change some parameters, but this didnt worked too. I am sure that i am doing something wrong, but after two days of looking for some solution i am out of any idea. So question is where can be the problem and how to change signal parametrs without getting this remains signals, means how to completely erase buffer when i chang the signal. I am using LabViw 8.5 but it is possible to use any newer version too, if you think that old version of labview can be the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,564 Views)

Hello,

can you please attache the VI?

Kind regards,

Ion R.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,520 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BMAJTZ

Ok i found solution, it was impossible to use normal Express function in DAQmx. After i slightly changed block diagram of this express function everything was fine. It was necessary to recalibrate output of my card every time when i changed one of my parameter. So every time i changed something i stopped my outupts and reinicializate whole communication whit my PCI card.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,457 Views)