LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView server Python Client

Solved!
Go to solution

I am doing the Labview Server Python Client using my laptop(http://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/Python-LabVIEW-TCP-IP-socket-communication/ta-p/35370...) .. but once I open the vi, it asks for missing file .ctl so i find it then select(printscreen no .1) ..But at the end, the arrow is broken so i cant run the vi.(printscreen no. 2)Can someone help me to fix this problem?thanks in advance3.png1.png2.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,871 Views)

Hello,

In the original ‘TCP Multiple Connections’ VI, a Cluster Typedef was connected to the upper Shift register. You replaced this Cluster Typedef with an Enum Typedef. It is obvious that you will have an error.

Hint:

Type Ctrl+ H to activate the Context Help.

Then place your Cursor on the Red cross where the error happens for more information about the error, so that you could fix it.

Greetings and Regards,

James.

Greetings and Regards,
James
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,805 Views)

@JamesSouv wrote:

Hello,

In the original ‘TCP Multiple Connections’ VI, a Cluster Typedef was connected to the upper Shift register. You replaced this Cluster Typedef with an Enum Typedef. It is obvious that you will have an error.

Hint:

Type Ctrl+ H to activate the Context Help.

Then place your Cursor on the Red cross where the error happens for more information about the error, so that you could fix it.

Greetings and Regards,

James.

To be fair, it's only obvious to people familiar with LabVIEW.  For everyone else, LabVIEW told them to go find the control, they found it, now it's not working.  What the OP did correctly was provide us lots of details so it would look obvious to us.

To the OP: inferring from what your pictures have showed us, LabVIEW told you to go find "TCP Multiple Corrections Data.ctl" but you didn't find the correct control.  I hope you didn't save anything because you probably screwed up the toolkit if you did.  If this happens again, don't ignore the warning!  The details show... well, details... of what just happened and you can usually figure out what went wrong.  or at least you can show us that information and we can help you figure out what went wrong.

I think the real question here is: Why did the OP have to go looking in the first place?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,796 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author promisekeeper

In that example code the thing you need to do is:

1. Look inside the LabVIEW code in all places that are pointed out by the error dialog - these are the locations where the enum cannot find its definition. 

2. Right click on the enum and select from the menu that you want to "disconnect from type definition"

After this you will be able to run it. I took care of it for you. Here is the LV code. Please let me know if that helps.

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 4 of 5
(3,773 Views)

Thank you very much sir !..It worked ..You  are a blessing ! Can u help us in our thesis which needs this toolkit ..

We have our thesis about robotic wrist mimicking .We used kinect as a sensor which are coded in Python which outputs angle as datum(or single data) . Then, we need to transfer this data to Labview Robotics to do a simulation .What part of the python code and labview vi do we need to modify to do this process correctly? We need an advice and some technical help from a Labview Expert ..Thank you for the kind reply .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,760 Views)