From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView program for capacitance measurement with NF LCR meter

I am very new to LabView. How to write the LabView program to remotely control NF LCR meter? We want to measure temperature variation measurements and frequency variation measurements.

Please help us.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,555 Views)

Hi Dinesh,

I am very new to LabView.

Then you should start by learning LabVIEW using all those FREE resources offered by NI on their website!

(And you should start to learn how to spell/write the word LabVIEW correctly… :D)

How to write the LabView program to remotely control NF LCR meter?

Then you should read the manual of your LCR meter. All you need to know will be found in there!

Generic hint for your generic question: There are a lot of device drivers available for LabVIEW. They are all listed in the Instrument Driver Network!

Another generic hint: when asking for help with specific device it really helps to provide specific information on them! (Like manufacturer, exact type, required interface…)

We want to measure temperature variation measurements and frequency variation measurements.

Just do it!

I am very new to LabView. … Please help us.

Who is "you" and who is "them"?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,543 Views)

We are using ZM2376 LCR meter from NF Corporation and controlling via USB interface.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,533 Views)

Hi Dinesh,

this is what the website of the manufacturer says:

check.png

All you need to do is follow the manufacturers recommendations!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 10
(4,526 Views)

Hello GerdW,

Thank you for your precious time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,522 Views)

So is it possible to get the data from the LCR meter to DAQ with 10 kHz frequency?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,259 Views)

Now, Can you able to write the LabVIEW program for NF ZM2376 LCR meter by connecting through GPIB cables. We are facing the same problem while dealing with the instrument and couldnot get the result from LabVIEW ....could you please help me to find out ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(246 Views)

According to the Remote Programming manual, it can be controlled through GPIB using the SCPI language.  You must have it properly connected through hardware (proper cabling, addressing, and data management rates).  Then you must perform the steps in Section 1.1 of the manual to set the instrument into the GPIB remote interface.  Now follow the commands to get the results you want by first controlling the instrument through the manual front panel control then write down those commands for testing them through NI-Max then as part of an automated control later. 

Depending on the measurement being made, the rate of data might be less than the maximum transfer rate.  This is due to the length of cabling, latency, accuracy of measurement, and other items. 

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(217 Views)

I tried running LabVIEW program with SCPI language but it was not working. Error is showing. My doubt is after writing commands in write visa, what to write in read visa or how to connect the read visa anything to write in byte count or read buffer or in return count. Please suggest me.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(172 Views)

If you post your code (preferably saved in LV2019 or earlier), we can review where you might be missing something or an incorrect setting and offer possible changes or solutions.  Without the code, I guess we have reached an impasse.  The VISA method would look something like this:

Minions_0-1711109863328.png

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(158 Views)