LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView hangs after showing a popup window

Solved!
Go to solution

With my Test.vi I start a subVI (Test1.vi). Both VIs are attached below. On pressing button Start in Test.vi a popup window is started via
Test1.vi. I can close this popup with an OK button. The 1st time this works fine. Pressing Start and the OK button a 2nd time causes the whole LabView to hang. It only can
be stopped through the TaskMgr. I'm using LabView 2014.
Software Details: LabView 2014 (Free form entry)  version

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,202 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ben

What you do does not make too much sense. You do many programmatical mistakes. You should learn how to properly use Event Structures (go through the Core 1 and 2 learning material). You should put controls (Action buttons, OK Boolean control) associated with an Event case into the correspondig Event case. By the way, the reason your VI hangs: in your subVI you just close the Front Panel of your VI via the property node, but it will still running, you did not program any mechanism to stop the VI.

Test1.png

Did you look at some proper example VIs coming with LabVIEW? Go to File --> New... --> User Interface Event Handler. Open it and have a look how it works...

UserInterfaceEventPattern 2_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,184 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ragusa

Thank you for you hint. I put now the event in Test1.vi in a While loop, which I'm leaving on pressing button OK. This stops apparently my Test1.vi and everything works fine. I actually thought a single event without a loop would do the same... So, thanks again, the problem is solved.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,174 Views)
At the top right of this website you can see links for different learning resources for LV. By the way, if my post gave you the solution, mark it as "solution".
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,169 Views)

You marked your post as a solution Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,154 Views)