LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView extremely slow / not responding for particular user login on Win 7 PC

Hello..

I am facing a strange issue at work, wherein LabView software is extremely slow / not responding for particular user login on Win 7 PC. It works fine for other user logins.

This is what happens : I login with the user ID and try to open LabView. Right from the splash screen, the application is slow / unresponsive. If i check the Task Manager, i can see that the status toggles between Running and Not Responding (with some time in between) for LabView.

I work for  an MNC, and i am located in India. The user ID in question initially was not part of the group in India. So, we managed to "transfer" it to our group (some IT dept process), thinking that might resolve the issue. But, it did not help. The issue persists.

• LabView ver. 2013 SP1, 32-bit
  • PC is running 64-bit Win 7 OS, with 16 GB RAM and 140 GB HDD.

So, this is what i want to ask : What could be the possible reasons for a LabView to be extremely slow / not responding for a particular user login?

Please give your feedback. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,056 Views)

Hi shameerali,

when only one user account (from several user accounts) on exactly the same computer faces this problem then most probably the user account is different to the others…

What about:

- access rights to certain folders on your HDD?

- access rights to network drives?

- access rights for/status of some background services needed by LabVIEW?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 12
(4,050 Views)

Hello GerdW,

Thank you for the quick response.

I too have been thinking the same. I will talk to the IT guys and see if they can do something.

Meanwhile, if anything more comes to your mind, please do share.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,026 Views)

In the mean time, remove the network cable. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,020 Views)

Smiley Very Happywill try that too..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,016 Views)

@shameerali wrote:

Smiley Very Happywill try that too..

I might sound like a joke, but it has happened on several occasion that it's LV looking for a network license or some such causing it, and removing the cable will cause it to not try. 🙂 /Y
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 6 of 12
(3,992 Views)

Yes, i understand.

I will try removing the n/w cable and see what happens 🙂

Thank you! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,989 Views)

First thing is to go to your users and groups and make sure that effected user account is set to Administrator not "Standard User".

Also check the advanced user account settings and make sure that user has all the same settings and privileges as the other users.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,958 Views)

+1 for network issues

Also happens if under network version control, while labview reading status of all files of the project.

Without version control it takes 2 s to load project, with version control 30 s, with not very busy network (file copy from PC, all browsing fine) 15 min. Main version control program reads list much faster than labview in both cases. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,947 Views)

Hello Yamaeda,

I tried removing the LAN cable. And, as you said, it works 🙂

1. Keeping the n/w cable connected i login to the PC with the user ID that has the problem.

2. Launch LabView (n/w cable still connected), and it is extremely slow. In Task Manager, i can see that it toggles between Running and Not responding.

3. I do "End Task" and force close LabView.

4. Then, I remove the n/w cable, and launch LabView. It is fast and thing seems to work normally. When i close the LabView application, it shows the "LabView internal warning reporter", saying "During the last run of LabView 2013 one or more internal warnings were detected and logged.

I think that is not a major issue though..

So, i think we are a bit more close to a solution. Please let me know if you have any feedback.

Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,883 Views)