LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView executable showing a SidebySide error on statup

Hi everyone!

I'm here due I have already make a lot of tries in order to resolve this issue, the error I'm having is on a modified version of the simple TestStand UI, the behavior is really weird, below each symptom and the thing I have done so far:

1.-The error that I'm seeing is the one shown on picture "SidebySide_error".

2.-This error not always appear, I have noticed that it appears most of the times either after restarting the pc or when the application hasn't been used for a while, but if the error appears, after closing the error message and re-opening the executable it works OK several times.

3.-I had take a look to the registry as described on many posts to set the highest version of C++ redistributable as the default, it was OK.

4.-The details of the error is as shown on picture "SidebySide_error_details".

5.-In an attempt, I uninstalled all versions of the C++ redistributable and only left the one that was stated as default on the registry... see picture "SidebySide_C++_versions" as reference.

6.-It looks like it is something specific to the modified version, I have re-compiled the original simple TestStand UI and I have ran it several times without issues.

7.-I don't think it is TestStand engine related due it components haven't changed that much, it looks something related to LabView, but I can't be sure.

8.-I have ran the application on a second pc with just the runtime engine, same results.

The PC is a Windows 7 64 bits, LabView 2015 SP1 15.0.1f1.

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,675 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,654 Views)

Hi aCe! Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

No I didn't try that, but, just did it, and not sure how to interpret the file, I will have to look deeply on it... any obvious issue?... please see attached.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,632 Views)

Just adding...

I wonder if the long path to the file (it is a network located executable) may be realated to the error. I just copied the executable folder locally on the pc desktop, and I ran the application several times without issues, after that I ran the application on the network and the error appeared. I will give it more tries on this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,618 Views)