LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView doesn't show classes in a .NET 2.0 DLL while creating an invoke node

I have a .NET 2.0 DLL that LabView isn't able to load until I load another slightly older version of that .NET 2.0 DLL.  The newer version of the .NET DLL has a different filename and code changes.  When I load the newest version of the .NET 2.0 DLL by creating an invoke node and browing for the .NET 2.0 DLL, the assembly name and version are displayed in the drop-down list but nothing in the namespace/class list box changes.  It still shows the namespaces and classes of the assembly previously loaded or the default in the list.  The .NET 2.0 DLL is now listed in the drop-down list of assemblies but doesn't load.  However, if I create an invoke node with the previous version of the .NET 2.0 DLL (has a different filename and code changes), the classes in the new .NET 2.0 DLL are displayed while creating an invoke node.  The classes in the .NET 2.0 DLL are displayed while creating invoke nodes until LabView is shutdown and restarted.  I have a temporary workaround but really want a fix for this issue.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,344 Views)

Problem solved...the old and new .NET DLLs referenced another .NET DLL.  The folder with the old .NET DLL had the other referenced DLL in it.  The referenced .NET DLL was from another team, and it didn't change.  When the old DLL was loaded, apparently LabView knew where to find the referenced .NET DLL from that point on (at least until LabView was shut down).  We copied the referenced DLL to the folder with the new DLLs, and the new .NET DLL works now.

Message 2 of 2
(2,339 Views)