cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView control phantom v9.1 high speed camera from vision research

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Just wonder if anyone have successful in playing the labview SDK provided by vision research for the phantom high speed camera? I have been working on that for weeks, and the labView either crashed or/and without any image preview. I used the PCC software provided by the company and it works normal.

Please Please let me know if you have worked that out... and please don't divert me to their phantomzone forum, which is a not giving any support.

Message 1 of 12
(6,158 Views)

I could not find any documentation on this discontinued product that discussed whether there was an NI Driver compatible with NI's IMAQ or IMAQdx functions.  My suspicions is that this Camera does not have an NI Driver, so will not easily be compatible with LabVIEW Vision Toolkits.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,118 Views)

Hi MatthewTang,

Which camera are you working with? Also, how does this camera interface with the computer? Are you wanting to initiate camera acquisition from LabVIEW? Or just wanting to process video from the camera?

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,091 Views)

Hi Grey,

Thanks for your reply! I am using a high speed camera, phantom V9.1, from Vision Research Inc.:

http://itg.beckman.illinois.edu/visualization_laboratory/equipment/image_capture/manuals/phantom_v91...

Currently the camera is connected to the PC via Gigabit Ethernet.

I would like to start acquisition on Labview, and process the captured images on labview at the same time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,075 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MatthewTang

Hi MatthewTang,

For cameras to work with our IMAQdx driver, it has to be compatible with the GigE Vision protocol. I took a quick look at the sheet you provided and I don't think that this is the case for that camera.

It does communicate over Gigabit Ethernet but it never mentions the GigE Vision Standard that would be necessary for easy integration with our software. If it is compatible with the GigE Vision standard, you should just need the IMAQdx driver that comes with the Vision Acquisition Software. 

There may also be an API that is available with your camera via some DLL that you could make calls into but that would have to be provided by the camera manufacturer. Also, you may be able to communicate with it and operate it using serial commands, but that would require you to come up with the serial commands necessary. 

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

Message 5 of 12
(6,070 Views)

Hi Mathew

what exactly you want to know about the SDK of phantom camera?

I am presently working on V1212 Phantom camera in LabVIEW..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,976 Views)

Hi Sunny,

I have a Phantom V9.1 high speed camera. I downloaded the LabView SDK from the phantom developer zone, and would like to use labview to capture and process photo using the SDK. 

However, I see no image from the labview display when I opened it.... seems it is not connected to the camera? Can you connect to your camera with labview?

Best,

Matthew

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,959 Views)

Hi Matthew,

I am working since 2 months it is working fine with the SDK which they have given.

And I can control maximum options which are present in PCC software provided by Phantom.

Shiva Prasad

Engineer R&D

Defsys Solutions

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,948 Views)

Sounds great! May i know which phantom camera are you using?

Best,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,934 Views)

I'm using Phantom v1212 high speed camera camera

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,932 Views)