From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView compatibility with Visual Basic and Microsoft SQL Server.

Hello,
i want to know if there is any compatibility problem between LabView 7 and Visual Basic or Microsoft SQL Server noted?
We have programmed a software with LabView 7 that communicates with a hardware module over the serial port (VISA).
Parallel runs a program from another customer, witch is programmed in Visual Basic with Microsoft SQL Server. It communicates with WAGO I/O connected over a Ethernet Card.
Now we have the problem that our program need at random times 100% CPU. It hangs. This behaviour we only have if the software from the other costumer runs parallel, without it everything is okay. It doesn`t occur a failure message or something, as well we can not say why the software hangs, ther
e is now specific situation.

Best Regards
Patrick Frank
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,189 Views)
Hello Patric,

there is no incompatibility with Lv or VB or Microsoft SQL Server registered.
Your 100% Cpu/ hang can have many different origins: How is the ethernet card controlled? does the VB program use 100% CPU on its own? Do the programms have anything in common? Are all the loops in LV and VB timed? Are there any resource conflicts in the HW (COM port with ethernet or any other HW problems/conflicts?) Does the VB Program change any Serial port Settings? Does it hang randomly or while doing Writes or reads? I know these are more questions and not an aswer but maybe they will help you find the origin of the problem. Try using extra indicators for your values and error status information to narrow down the origin of the problem
good luck
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,189 Views)