cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView beginner

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All

I just start learn LabView and I’m beginner.

I’m going to buy LabView Physical Computing Kit with chip kit WF32 http://store.digilentinc.com/labview-physical-computing-kit-with-chipkit-wf32/

This packet included 32 bit version of LabView Home. I do not understand what does mean “home”.

Does anyone have experience with this development board?

For any help and suggestion thanks very much

Artur

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,433 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Art77

Yes 32 bit LabVIEW 2014 version.

This version of LabVIEW includes:
-LabVIEW Full Development System
-LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module
-LabVIEW MathScript RT Module and LabVIEW Application Builder Module (added on demand i guess)
The software is for your own personal, noncommercial, nonindustrial, and nonacademic purposes. You may share your work only for noncommercial, nonindustrial, and nonacademic purposes. 

Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 6
(3,428 Views)

Thanks KUDO !

So if I design the project (software and hardware) for example, weather station. Software control LabView and of course the project will be only for my home. I have full control and possibilities with LabView Home version?

So the only difference between Home version and original version is that Home version I can’t used for commercial purpose, that’s correct?

Thanks again

Art77

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,406 Views)
Solution

Basically, yes.

The one other thing (I've read, but haven't seen for myself because I don't have the home version), is that it would put a watermark on your front panels saying it is the home version.  I know the student version does the same thing.  That way if you ever tried to use it for non-personal use, it would be obvious to anyone using your software you were skirting the license agreement.

Message 4 of 6
(3,401 Views)
Solution

Yes to my knowledge it is.
-You have full control over the functions being shipped along with bundle for e.g LabVIEW Full Development System includes functions in this link: https://www.ni.com/en/shop/labview/select-edition.html
-If with these functions you can interface with hardware and manage i think it should't be problem.

Thanks
uday
Message 5 of 6
(3,398 Views)

Thanks all for help and now I more understanding.

Art77

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,390 Views)