LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView assistance

Hi,

may you please assist me on how do you go about transferring data from excell workbook to labview?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,383 Views)

1) Use the Report Generation Toolkit - look in the LabVIEW examples

2) Save the data from excel as a text file (e.g. CSV) and then use the file I/O functions to read in LabVIEW (e.g. read from spreadsheet file)

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,366 Views)

3)  Search the forums.  This question has been asked thousands of times before.

(Actually this should be #1).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,339 Views)

Much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,319 Views)

When asking a question in the LabVIEW forums, it always helps to indicate which version of LabVIEW you are using.  LabVIEW 2014 and 2015 included the Report Generation Toolkits for Microsoft Office -- although these are designed to "generate reports" (i.e. write Office Documents), they can also be use to read documents, in particular, Excel Workbooks.

There are examples included with LabVIEW, and (better) examples can be found on the Web and in these Forums (I wrote one of them).  Seek and Ye Shall Find ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,318 Views)

Hi, I am using LabView 2015 version. again here what I have done the attached documents, I know have to read discussion forums bt sometimes I find out it not exactly similar case as the one Im facing. I have such huge Data for solar station on excell now I read it on LabView as in graph format, I need help or an approval on the result I got since I hardly know LabView.  

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,269 Views)

Hi,

As you have it set up now I don't think you will be reading the data correctly in LabVIEW. Right now your 'Read from Measurement File VI is expecting gile formate of text (LVM) (you can see this if you right click on the VI and go to properties. If you navigate to an excel file like the one you linked, which is .xlsx, it is unlikely this VI will read the data correctly. 

As a previous comment stated, you should save the excel file as a text file, and then use the 'read from text file' to bring this data into LabVIEW.

Alternatively, you can look at this example: http://www.ni.com/example/28409/en/ which uses ActiveX to bring excel data into LabVIEW.

I hope this helps!

Selene
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,206 Views)

If you want NI/LabVIEW to "do all the work for you", then (a) please realize that There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch, (b) Express VIs and the effort you've put into this, despite numerous suggestions of where to look for answers suggests that you aren't willing to make much effort on your own behalf, and (c) very few of us work "for free" (though you could probably hire a good LabVIEW programmmer to do your work for you).

Your Excel sheet is basically very simple (though it's unclear how the header information should be used, and why some columns are blank).  If you go back and read the previous posts, and do a little work, you should be able to find a solution and get all of these data into an array of clusters in at most an hour or two.

I'll give you a hint to get started.  See the Search box up there just to the right?  Type the word "Revised" and add a space after it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,178 Views)