From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView and Spider8 from HBM

http://www.hbm.com/en/menu/support/software-firmware-downloads/data-acquisition-systems/spider8-scou...

This is what i use but is ok just when i log just 2-3 channels and for comunicating with the spider8 i use the paralel cable

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 49
(1,619 Views)

Hi!

Thanxs for the answer, but in the link you provide you can find drivers for LV 7.1. I am willing to upgrade my LV installation to 2009, and i cannot find the library to make my Spider8 work.

It looks as if someone has managed to create his own library, so if anybody could please help me and send those files to me, it would get my problem solved.

Thanks for your answer anyway Smiley Happy

Applications Engineer - Certified LabVIEW Developer & Certified TestStand Developer
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 49
(1,606 Views)

Hello Jorge,

I' ve tried to communicate to my spider by USB. After little problems I found a VI and changed it a little bit, so now it works with LabView2010 and it recives Measueringdata from the Spider 8. Hope this will help you, too

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 49
(1,593 Views)

Hello!

Thanx for your answer, but I am missing some VIs in the one you sent me... could you send me those other VIs? It would be an enormous help!

Regards!

Applications Engineer - Certified LabVIEW Developer & Certified TestStand Developer
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 49
(1,589 Views)

sorry, my fault

so here are both liberies i' ve downloaded. Beispiel2 is the one I changed.

So good luck this time. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 49
(1,583 Views)

Can you help me about to reach the driver for Spider 8 in Labview 8.6? Thanks! My e-mail. acristancho@msn-dot-com

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 49
(1,546 Views)

I'm trying to use a Spider 8 with Labview 2011, and I am having some trouble using the drivers. I have downloaded the latest versions here in this thread, and it looks like there is some communication between the spider and LV, but I cannot set up the channels as I want.

How can I define if the channel is a fullbridge/ halfbridge/ thermocouple etc. and how can I set the mv/v setting? 

When I try to use the "set chan settings" function, it says it is too old to be converted to current LV version. Anyone have a better library?

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 49
(1,491 Views)

Hi, I'm a mechanical enginerring undergrad and I currently have a Spider8 with me. My supervisors assigned me with the task to find out how to connect a strain gauge to the Spider8. I read the manuals and found out that I need to connect outputs like "Measurement signal", "Bridge excitation voltage" and "Secsor circuit" to different pins in the 15-pin socket.

The problem I am facing is that I am unfamilliar with the standard procedure and protocols of connecting these outputs. You see, for example, page D-11 on the manual said to connect the "1 Measurement signal" to pin number 8 wh. Does that mean that ALL strain guages have their "Measurement signal" output at the 1st pin? And once I've connected all the correct connections what do they have a specific software to measure all the strain? 

I'm sorry I had to ask this on an NI forum but the email I sent them asking about the situation hasn't been replied to yet.Smiley Frustrated

Do let me know if the description to my problem is unclear. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 49
(1,323 Views)

Software Catman from spider for hydraulic ram. Please help me with legend of this icons: What they mean?lllll.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 49
(1,105 Views)