From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Mac OS / 7.1 Version

Hey everyone, I just changed OS to Mac.

I work in Electronical and Computer Engineering at Coimbra's University.

Our computers/teachers are using version 7.1 at WindowsXP

I used 15 Evaluation version until yesterday, it expired but I realy need to use the LabView Software.

I asked for a 6 months version and received a "serial". Altho when I start LabView on my computer it doesnt start.

Captura de ecrã 2015-11-16, às 18.20.40.png

Can anyone help me with this please.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,953 Views)

In the decade (more, actually) since LabVIEW 7.1 was released, LabVIEW has undergone many changes.  If everyone around you is running LabVIEW 7.1, you may be able to read some of their VIs, but you will have great difficulty getting them to open anything that you write using LabVIEW 2015.

If sharing is important to you, see if your colleagues have the disks for LabVIEW 7.1 on the Mac.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 4
(2,937 Views)

Open the NI license manager (It is in the start menu!) and activate LabVIEW.

As you can read here, the 6 month license only works for Windows. 

Message 3 of 4
(2,934 Views)

I can no longer run LV 7.1 or 8.0 on my Mac.  LV 8.2 does run on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

You need LV 8.0 to save Vis in LV 7.1 format. Versions of LabVIEW from 8.2 and newer can save back to 8.0.  I am pretty sure that this is independent of the OS.

Your best option may be to see if you can run Window XP and LV 7.1 in emulation on your Mac. Then you should be able to use the university's license and installers.

The only other option I see is to find someone at the university who has LV 8.0 on their computer and ask them to convert your VIs to 7.1.

Lynn

Using LV on the Mac since version 1.2

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,912 Views)