From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView DAQmx continuous acquisition

Am looking for a solution to a vi I've created. Was looking to acquire data at a higher speed (25-50k) and I ran this once, only to have someone delete the vi I was using. Basically it was simple. I used the daqmx to acquire a signal, then wrote it to the Write LVM box. Had a graph so I could see the data as I ran it. I wanted the data to write continuously and that's where I'm running into a problem. Keeping in mind it worked once... I am using LV ver 7 on a windows 2000 pc. I was able to select 'continuous acquisition' in the DAQmx and the DAQ rate and samples to process. The vi would run until it hit the sample limit, dump the data to the file, then start over. I used a strip chart I think to show the data as it was running. It would show a line that a had a length of time equal to the sample limit and Daq rate put in the DAQmx. There was a slight hiccup when it wrote, but it didn't affect my data. I've now tried to build the same VI to do the same thing, and now I can't get it to write continuously. It will run until the sample size is hit, write to file, then stop my program. Could anyone look at this and tell me what I might have missed? I have continuous acquisition selected and it just won't write more than one sample set.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,284 Views)

Shouldn't there be a While loop around that code?  I certainly hope you are not using the Run Contiuously button to run your VIs.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,257 Views)

The previous version worked without a while loop, which does say I was using the run continuously button on labview. I'm sure that's where the data writing hiccup came from, but since it worked for what I needed it to do, I didn't feel I needed to add anything more complex in there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,254 Views)

ok, I figured what I'd done wrong. Labview had a built in DAQ.vi that I was able to use last time. Already inside a while loop. Looks like I have it working correctly and got it saved this time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,242 Views)