LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Communication with Arduino via XBEEs

I am needing to communicate my LabView program with my arduino wirelessly through XBEEs. I have changed all the baud rates to be 9600. This is on the LabView program, the arduino, and the XBEE chips through X-CTU. Somehow the LabView program still will give me an error and will not recognize the arduino. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a step? Or did I do something wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,051 Views)

@Juanneedshelpwithxbee wrote:

I am needing to communicate my LabView program with my arduino wirelessly through XBEEs. I have changed all the baud rates to be 9600. This is on the LabView program, the arduino, and the XBEE chips through X-CTU. Somehow the LabView program still will give me an error and will not recognize the arduino. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a step? Or did I do something wrong?

Answer Analysis says that, yes, you did something wrong.  How do I know?  Because you got an error from LabVIEW (what error, I wonder?  It really doesn't matter if all you want to know is "Did I do something wrong"), and the Arduino (what Arduino?  See previous parenthetical remark) is not recognized.

How do you expect us to make more useful comments?  Do you think it would help if (a) you told us in more detail what hardware you are using, including model numbers, and (b) you showed us, by posting your VIs, the LabVIEW code you are using?  We can, of course, simply guess, but that might not be so helpful to you ...

Bob Schor

P.S. -- if you do want us to look at your code, attach the VIs.  Do NOT waste our time attaching a picture of the Block Diagram or Front Panel -- we cannot manipulate your code and test it if we only have pictures.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,999 Views)

I am sorry for being do vauge. I do need the help so attached are the settings for both the series 1 xbees in XCTU, the arduino ide LabView h interface file and the baudrate, also attached is the LabView code I am using to meassure some sensors in the arduino mega. Thanks for all the help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,941 Views)

Here is the arduino and the VI.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,939 Views)

Juanneedshelpwithxbee,

While this is a LabVIEW question we do have an area on our site made specifically for interfacing LabVIEW with Arduino.  It would be in your best interest to post this question there instead, as they deal exclusivly in Arduinos.  I have included a link below to the discussion pages.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-interface-for-arduino?view=discussions

Ryan

Applications Engineer

Ryan
Group Manager
FlexLogger
NI R&D
Message 5 of 5
(2,870 Views)