LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Calendar Control

How can I force the Calendar browse function to display when I run a VI using a control input to the timestamp of the Format Date/Time String Function VI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,207 Views)

I dont think you can do so...

Instead, you can try out using the .Net Calender control to display during running the VI.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,199 Views)
You'll need to be a bit more specific. Which calendar control are you using? The ActiveX one or the .NET one, and which one of these? Also, what do you mean by the "browse function"?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,188 Views)
Very interesting question. If you go into customize control, you find out that the browse control is just a boolean button. It pops up a dialog box when you press the button. How do we find out where labview hides this dialog box and use it for ourselves??
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,161 Views)

Look at these two files picktime.vi and picktime.llb here

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\resource\dialog

I found these by doing a windows explorer search for time files inside the 8.6 folder.

Here is a sample. I had to reformat the output of the vi.

Message Edited by unclebump on 11-12-2008 04:46 AM
Message 5 of 9
(9,159 Views)
Can you post it saved for LV8.0?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,154 Views)
One of the sub vi's is password protected so I can't save for previous. Just put the picktime.vi onto your block diagram and run it. The calendar entry should popup. Add an indicator to the output of the vi and play with the format inside the indicator.
Message 7 of 9
(9,152 Views)
OK... Now I understand what was being asked - I completely misunderstood the question. The picktime VI exists for LabVIEW 8.2, but there is no picktime LLB within that directory. Looks like that got added after 8.2. Short of creating your own custom control (probably an XControl) I don't see any way of programmatically clicking the little calendar icon next to the timestamp control.
Message 8 of 9
(9,129 Views)

In 8.5 also, the llb is not present. Maybe they included it in 8.6.

The 2 VIs are made into an llb I think...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(9,098 Views)