From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 3.1.1 App Build Error

I have a LabView 3.1.1 App that had been built and was running, and needed a minor change. I made the change and tested it, and it ran fine.

I followed the instructions on how to build an application, but after saving all the VIs in a single .llb and selecting Build Application, I get a Status window that says "Building Application" then another that says "Resource not found. Build Application failed."

Anyone remember running into this error and what the cause is and its solution?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,756 Views)
Make sure that the version of Application Builder and LabVIEW is the same. See this KnowledgeBase for further details. I know the KnowledgeBase describes LabVIEW 5, but the issue might be the same.

Let me know if this is not the issue.
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,721 Views)
Thanks Phillip

I'll take a look at the page.

I don't think it is a matter of incompatable versions. In LabView 3.1.1, the app builder is integrated with the development environment.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,698 Views)
Phippip

Ok, I read the article and I looked at the Abreadme.wri file which contained the "LabVIEW®for Windows Application Builder Release Notes Version 3.0 Part Number 320705-01". It says that the Build libraries are an add-on package. And the libraries must be the same version as the development system.

It is possible that they are not version 3.1.1.

How do I tell if they are?

The only thing I have is a PC with the application and the LabView 3.1.1 development environment on it, so I need to know where to look and what to look for. I don't know if we have the original software/libraries.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,692 Views)
Hi JHA,

For LabVIEW 3.1.1 you will need Application Builder 3.1.

Do you get the issue when building a very simple VI (e.g. add two numbers)? If you do, there might be an issue with the Application Builder and you might want to reinstall it.

If you don't get the error with the simple VI, you might be missing resources needed for the VI you are trying to build. Make sure that all support files are included when building (dll's, dynamically called VI's, other files).

Has anyone else seen this issue with LabVIEW 3.1.1 and solved it differently?

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,672 Views)
Phillip

Thats a good idea, I'll try it.

I know that NI no longer supports this version, but does it have copies of the development and builder installation disks and could we get ahold of them? I do have the upgrade CD that includes 3.0 and 4.0, but I don't think it has the Application Builder. I can check.

I am trying to locate them here in North Texas, but I'm not having much luck. The work was done back when our process didn't call for saving the installation disks in a security place.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,654 Views)
I will not be able to help you with a copy of the old disks.

Please contact your Technical Sales Representative at 1-800-258-7020 to hear about the possibilities of getting a copy of the disks.

Good luck!

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,640 Views)