LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2013 with LabView 6.1 PID Tool Kit

Hello!

I have a control program which uses LabView 6.1 PID tool kit to control a power supply. I want to modify this program using LabView 2013 developer suit. My questions are:

1.  Will LabView automatically replace this old version PID vi with the 2013 version when I load the program into LabView 2013? It seems is.

2. From the Knowledge Base, it mentions that I can use the PID obsolete.vi to maintain the behavior of the program. Is it ok in my situation?

3. There is a PID (compatibility).vi, what is this?

4. Are there any method to determine the version of PID.vi?

Thanks very much for any advice and help.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,377 Views)

Y_C.

When you try to upgrade any toolkit, it will try to match the same 'version' of the LabVIEW you have. So, when you try to update to 2013 with the PID and Fuzzy Logic Toolkit 2013 installed, then this will try to migrate to this new version. So, for your questions:

1. Yes, it will try to verify which VIs you had and it will replace with the equivalent VI in the newer version. Depending on the behavior, it will try to keep the same as before or it will replace with an equivalent, but deprecated VI.

2. The PID.vi is actually a polymorphic VI that has 3 instances: a. DBL, b. DBL Array c. Compatibility. So, for this specific VI, it did not change its interface from 6.0 to now and you probably will not have problem updating.

3. The Compatibility VI is kept to maintain compatibility with a very old version of PID (previous of 6.0). It has some other options that was replaced with different features in PID or added new parameters into PID and Advanced PID.

4. As I said, the toolkit has to match the LabVIEW version and we try our best to migrate your forward, so you should be worried about version.

So, you short, I would suggest you to: a. make a copy of all of your VIs (in case you need to revert the changes); b. Try to upgrade to the new version and validate how it works. Keep in mind that because it is a very old version, you would need to have intermediate conversions. See here for more details: 

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/8387/en/

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,332 Views)