LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2013 and/or 2014 Web Application Server will not start.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an application that I built in LabView 2013 that utilizes the NI Web Application Server. The application was working until late November 2014 when the Web Application Server in LabView 2013 stopped working. Specifically, the NI services 1) NI Application Web Server and 2) NI System Web Server were both running, but I was unable to access any of the web pages that I previously created, nor could I access the NI Web Configuration page at localhost:3582. Additionally, the 'Configure Web Application Server' button under 'Options/Web Server' was grayed out. Which makes me think that the NI web services did not correctly start up. Completing a full NI install repair to the 2013 LabView install did not help either.

Since opening a service ticket with NI, I have now removed and re-installed both LabView 2013 and LabView 2014 each with the latest patches. But the problem still exists. 

The NI ticket for this issue is now resting with RnD, so I am reaching out to the NI community to see if  anyone seen anything similar? Or has any ideas to try? 

A few additional notes:

1) Unlike LabView 2013 in LabView 2014 none of the NI web services would start, based upon a new for 2014 dependency on the NI Authentication Service. In 2014 this service will not start either.

2) When I uninstall 2014 and re-install 2013, the failures re-occurs (as stated above).

3) My system is running Win 7 Pro x64 with 8 gb of RAM.

4) I have McAfee virus scanner/firewall. Which I have disabled and even uninstalled without correcting any of the issues.

At this point any ideas to try would be greatly appreciated, as I do not want to wipe my OS and start over.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,906 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mlwarren

** Update **

I did eventually find a solution to this issue. The solution is as follows:

1. Delete the two files in "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NIAuth"
    • commitmark.1
    • registry.bin
  2. Restart the operating system and re-launch LabView.

Upon the next restart, LabView recreates both of these files and the NI webservices Windows services start normally. At which time the NI WebService operates normally.

I am assuming that one or both of these files became corrupted at some point, which kept the NI WebServices from starting properly. But as none of the NI services created a Windows Event error for this issue, I was left to poke around for the solution. And since the NI installer does not remove or repair either of these files, the issue continued no matter how many times I re-installed LabView on my system.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,815 Views)

Hey MlWarren,

I am also having this problem. I saw your solution and tried to do the same.
I am using a labview 2015. But I don't see the NIAuth directory in my C:\ProgramData\National Instrument.

Is there another way to get it going?

Kind regards

Message 3 of 5
(3,396 Views)

J.Willems,

Is your system setup to show hidden files?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,375 Views)

I will check this.
But If I can see the Program Data I am pretty shure I am able to show the hdden folders.
I also checked it using the command line.

Greetz

Message 5 of 5
(3,348 Views)