cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW windows blink when activated

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello folks,

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this problem before.

So, when I click on any of LabVIEW windows (VIs front panels or BDs, no matter) from any other application on my Win7, that window will rapidly blink, or flash, 5 times.

It was just annoying at first, until lately I realized a huge problem when I needed to code.

When I try to use the quick drop, instead of placing a node on the BD, it just blinks the BD window 5 times, and the node is discarded!

I've played with windows 7 themes, and initially switching back to Basic theme helped, but now it does the same.

Any ideas how to fix?

-fomine
(3,304 Views)

Is LabVIEW the only application that is behaving oddly?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,279 Views)

I ran into a wierd one a while back and it turned out to be a Teamviewer "feature" .  Try rebooting your computer with nothing running in the background and see if you still have the issue.   

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,260 Views)

Billko: Yes, LV is the only app that behaves this way.

-fomine
(3,222 Views)

Zwired1: I rebooted my PC several times since this weird behaviour started. I did not check if LV behaves this way when it's the only app running (which is not exactly true, even if it's the only visible window), but in any case, I have to work with many apps at the same time, so a solution ih highly desired 😞

And yes, I know, full reinstall might help, but i'd like to leave it as a last resort...1st I will check if I have a rstore point somewhere in the past, but even that will be painful.

Best to all

P.S. I do not have TeamViewer.

-fomine
(3,219 Views)
Solution
Accepted by fomine

Do you use UltraMon? If so, go ot options and Compability, then add LabVIEW as exeption with "dont use windows buttons" option enabled.

Message 6 of 9
(3,201 Views)

AdamTrojak: You are da man!!! Who would think? 🙂

Thanks a lot, buddy!

-fomine
(3,189 Views)

had the same problem;) Glad I could help;)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,181 Views)

Yes TeamViewer has a Quick Connect mode that adds a button to the title bar.  Basically any program I've seen that messes with your title bar by adding buttons, tends to do so in a very hacky way which doesn't always play nice with other UI features.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Super-Quick-Drop-Fails-Me/td-p/2833156

Message 9 of 9
(3,152 Views)