LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW vxlapi CANCASEXL configuration

I want to replace my CANCASEXL with Arduino to Monitor all CAN Signals.

From your link it sounds technically possible but certainly not simple.

As much as I would like to have played around with an Arduino I simply have no time.

This is outside my area of expertise.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 49
(1,080 Views)

Troy,

I've recently downloaded the VXLAPI VIs and am trying to create VIs to transmit and receive CAN messages.  I was able to create the transmit portion successfully.  However, the receive seems to be harder to achieve.  I know there are message on the bus as I am monitoring the CAN communication elsewhere, but the tagdata array in the LV program is empty except for a "1" in index 4.  I don't understand what I'm doing wrong and I would appreciate some help to figure this out.

currently, my project is larger than the 6 MB size restriction, so I split it into two posts.  In this post I have attached my project and most of the VIs included.  In the next post will be a large library that houses a lot of the VIs I used as a template to create a custom device based on these VIs.  Once both zip files are extracted, just place the J1939 folder inside the Vector folder and the project should be happy.  The VI to look at would be the "Receive.VI" in the project.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 49
(1,041 Views)

J1939 Zip file.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 49
(1,040 Views)

I don't have any XNET libraries or Veristand installed so I can only partially load your code.

Are you sure the xlEvents you are receiving are CAN type events?

It looks to me like you are setting the acceptance filter to not let through any messages.

The acceptance filter should start fully open, if you want to only receive a specific range of messages then set it to filter all but those messages.

Try this in your init.vi...

nofilter.png

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 49
(1,035 Views)

I actually got it working before I got this reply, we had a problem with the Vector box we were using.  Once I fixed that, I was recieving messages just fine.  So after it was fixed I tried doing what you suggested and I didn't see any change in the data I was receiving.  That Init VI was taken directly from the Transmit Example VI that was in the .zip file I downloaded from you.  Is there a reason those acceptance VIs were in that example and what difference would they make to my VI with and without them?

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 49
(1,015 Views)

The transmit example didn't account for receive functions, but I made a mistake in my last post.

Setting 'code' = 0x00000000 usually means no CAN massages will get through the filter, but I forgot that setting 'mask' = 0x00000000 means all code bits are irrelevant.

Sorry for the confusion. Glad you got it working.

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 49
(1,008 Views)

Hi Munna,

I was recently made aware of this Arduino add-on that seems to do what you want.

http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/CAN-BUS_Shield

Troy

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 49
(947 Views)

Hi TroyK,

Thanks for your information.

Long back I checked this. Now I’m not working on this.

Some more information about this,

https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=220&hilit=CAN+Shield+CAN+network

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 49
(930 Views)

Can you please post in LV2011?

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 49
(86 Views)